It's a bird...it's a plane...hey it's a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I was out today doing some shopping. I was driving down the road, when I notice something odd looking in the sky...as it gets closer to me, and I get closer to it...I realize...hey it's a blimp!

It looked pretty close too...I thought about driving and following it...but I thought...nah...it's too hot out here today. I kept driving down the street to go to the book store, and I realize...hey the blimp is getting closer!

I could see that the sides were blue, but I couldn't read the letters, because it was pretty much facing straight at me. I could barely see a letter "G" at the beginning of what was written on the side...I realize...hey I think that's the GOODYEAR blimp! :D :yes:

I found this picture doing a google search, and it looked pretty much like this:

Blimp.JPG

Before long, the blimp was heading strait for me and flew right over my head! This was one time I wish the red light had lasted longer, lol.

It was neat just looking out my windshield right up at the big underbelly of the blimp as it floated silently overhead.

I :heart: blimps...they look so graceful just hanging there in the sky.

I think I would like to ride in a blimp someday...it might be kinda scary tho :shrug: :uhoh:

_____
:wave: I wonder who came up with the name "BLIMP" it is a rather funny word

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
Here's a picture of a blimp.......

Oh wait...it's just my sister's cat....:D

Blimp.jpg

:tsk: :ohmy:

____
:banghead:I think BC just wanted an excuse to post a pic of her kitty...er her sisters kitty :lol:

Last edited:
ABEL said:

:wave: I wonder who came up with the name "BLIMP" it is a rather funny word

OMG!!! I just watched a show about this on the History channel an hour ago!

Ok, the airships were called Class B airships in WW2, and they were limp, not rigid. So they were called B-limp, or blimp!

HA! DAMN! I am useful tonight, baby!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek:

ABEL said:

____
:banghead:I think BC just wanted an excuse to post a pic of her kitty...er her sisters kitty :lol:

Blimp always makes me think of that pic because when I first created my web site and scanned that pic in, the first name that came to mind for that file was "Blimp"...:D

Re: Re: It's a bird...it's a plane...hey it's a...

martha said:

OMG!!! I just watched a show about this on the History channel an hour ago!

Ok, the airships were called Class B airships in WW2, and they were limp, not rigid. So they were called B-limp, or blimp!

HA! DAMN! I am useful tonight, baby!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek:

:lol: now I'm mad cuz I missed a show about blimps :banghead:

Is a blimp like a big hot air balloon

<-- no blimps where we live :shrug: :scratch: :confused:

I had a model of the GoodYear blimp when I was younger I think it was my brother's and I used to play with it. Until one of his Star Wars toy ships shot it down from a second story window onto the sidewalk.

Lara it's kinda like a hot air balloon....

they call them Zeppelins in Europe I think

daisybean said:

Lara it's kinda like a hot air balloon....

they call them Zeppelins in Europe I think

Never heard of a Zeppelin neither I know in Ireland they have a big hot air balloon thing each year and there r 100's of them floating about id like to get in one of them :D

Lara Mullen said:

Never heard of a Zeppelin neither I know in Ireland they have a big hot air balloon thing each year and there r 100's of them floating about id like to get in one of them :D

I'd love to ride in a hot air balloon! Never in my life have I ever! :D

Lara Mullen said:
Is a blimp like a big hot air balloon

<-- no blimps where we live :shrug: :scratch: :confused:

Lara, blimps are similar to hot air balloons only in the fact that they are both "balloonlike".

Blimps use gasses (helium) to fly, hot air balloons use air that is heated by flame to fly.

I found this on a website:

Blimps use use gases that are lighter than air. The most common gas in use today is helium, which has a lifting capacity of 0.064 lb/ft3 (1.02 kg/m3). Hydrogen was commonly used in the early days of airships because it was even lighter, with a lifting capacity of 0.070 lb/ft3 (1.1 kg/m3). However, the Hindenburg disaster ended the use of hydrogen in airships because hydrogen burns so easily. Helium, on the other hand, is not flammable.

ZooEuropa said:

I'd love to ride in a hot air balloon! Never in my life have I ever! :D

I would like to ride in a hot air balloon too! :yes:

Next weekend is the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival. (Plano is a suburb just north of Dallas).

I go to the hot air balloon festival almost every year.

I can't wait :D

They usually have between 70-80 hot air balloons, sometimes more.

http://www.planoballoonfest.org/index_frames.html

ABEL said:

I would like to ride in a hot air balloon too! :yes:

Next weekend is the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival. (Plano is a suburb just north of Dallas).

I go to the hot air balloon festival almost every year.

I can't wait :D

They usually have between 70-80 hot air balloons, sometimes more.

http://www.planoballoonfest.org/index_frames.html

Thats cool! Do they allow rides? Some of these places they allow people to go up in them, others I've noticed that they're just for show.

Have fun at the show :D

Back
Top Bottom