It was 20 years ago today that.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great song from a great band.

i-1.JPG

Cool pic of the cover for the single! Every Breath You Take is perhaps the Police's best song. Synchronicity II, King of Pain and Message In A Bottle are all good contenders for the Police's best song.

STING2 said:
Cool pic of the cover for the single! Every Breath You Take is perhaps the Police's best song. Synchronicity II, King of Pain and Message In A Bottle are all good contenders for the Police's best song.

Haha, I read an interview with Sting, Andy, and Stewart that took place about 4 or 5 years ago, where they commented on all the albums, etc. Stewart says EBYT was a "totally blown opportunity for our band. It has an utter lack of groove. We made gazillions off it but when I listen to it I still think, 'Wow. What a bunch of assholes." In describing the song before the final mix, Stew and Andy seemed to think that version was better because it rocked more, Andy's guitar riff was louder but then Sting toned it down. I can kind of see what they're saying now when listening to the song.

EBYT, Message in a Bottle, and King of Pain are great songs. So is Synch II...hell, every Police song was a good song.

Every Breath You Take started its second week at #1 in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom