It was 19 years ago today ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never actually seen the concert before, but of course I've seen lots of footage. I was 5 at the time.

I was 6. I watched almost the entire show with my dad. We watched it on TV but listened to it on the stereo. He taped everything from Philly and we meticulously documented the artist and song title. I might have to pull out those tapes tonight!

I mostly remember demanding to stay up until they did We Are the World, my favorite song at the time, and being bitterly disappointed that it didn't sound just like it did on the radio.

Moonlit_Angel said:
I was a little over 9 months old at the time, so I don't remember anything about it at all. I've just seen the clips on TV whenever people talk about it on shows and stuff.

I don't know if my parents taped it, either.

Angela

Now that makes me feel ancient!!!! LOL I had just turned 15 when that concert took place. I remember watching it very clearly also. My reaction to U2 at the time. ONLY 2 songs??? Whats going on !! LOL I actually thought MTV cut off the 3rd song and didnt air it because they cut away from U2 before they left the stage. Of course now we know why and that they didnt but I had no clue at the time.

Has anyone heard anymore about the official DVD release of the whole show recently? I heard it was a done deal but I havent heard anything more about it.

Last edited:
i was a really little kid, i didn't have cable, and my parents were as far out of the 'loop' as far as any kind of music went by that point.

Back
Top Bottom