It has come to this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
It is far too evident that I'm severely addicted to the blue crack, and that it's having a detrimental effect on my study habits. I have three final exams next week starting on Tuesday, along with three more in the week following that. I probably have only studied fifteen hours in total. I could kid myself and say, "No GibsonGirl! The only reason why you're not studying is because it's the final set of high school exams that you'll ever have to take and you deserve a break after twelve years, damn it!" But then I would be...kidding myself. So I have arrived at the only solution:

I must blow up my computer. Or restrict myself from it somehow. But it's too - bloody - hard! So I ask you, dear fellow Interferencers: how does one break a forum addiction?

No. I haven't been drinking. Why would you say that?!

If you have important exams coming up, I honestly think you should consider asking a friend or family member to "take charge" of your computer for a while. Sure it means a short term sacrifice but you will probably thank yourself in the long-run.

Study takes discipline, and the more distractions the more difficult it is to get down to it, that is my experience anyway.

I've thought of that. Maybe I can get someone to lock my computer with an obscure password? Because, as much as I try to deny it, the first derivative IS more important than setlist parties. :(

:scream: Tell me about it! This website is reeeeeeallly addictive! You just feel like refreshing the page over and over & checking out new posts forever. And time flies!!!! Time flies like a bitch! :reject: I've spent almost all of today, albeit intermittently, on this website. Of course all the fights added to the excitement and I didn't feel like leaving. Must.... have..... self.... control.... :mad:

:wink:

Zootlesque said:
:scream: Tell me about it! This website is reeeeeeallly addictive! You just feel like refreshing the page over and over & checking out new posts forever. And time flies!!!! Time flies like a bitch! :reject: I've spent almost all of today, albeit intermittently, on this website. Of course all the fights added to the excitement and I didn't feel like leaving. Must.... have..... self.... control.... :mad:

See, I knew I wasn't the only poor soul here with the same problem! I've been sitting on my rear in front of this computer refreshing the same pages over and over and over and over again since seven o'clock! It's now half-past twelve!

I like, need a boyfriend or something. :reject:

GibsonGirl said:

See, I knew I wasn't the only poor soul here with the same problem! I've been sitting on my rear in front of this computer refreshing the same pages over and over and over and over again since seven o'clock! It's now half-past twelve!

I like, need a boyfriend or something. :reject:

:lol:

:sexywink:

bonosloveslave said:
I stumbled upon Interference at the beginning of my 3rd year of vet school. I seriously would not have passed if I had found it any sooner. :crack:

Oh my. :ohmy: I can envision that happening to me. Instead of becoming a petrochemical engineer, I'm going to overdose on blue crack and blow it entirely.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh my. :ohmy: I can envision that happening to me. Instead of becoming a petrochemical engineer, I'm going to overdose on blue crack and blow it entirely.
I'm so glad I found the blue crack AFTER college or I would have been in serious trouble, being a world-class procrastinator anyway...my senior year was 00/01 and between the new album, the Elevation tour, and how quickly I was becoming obsessed with U2, my grades wouldn't have been pretty.
:crack:

GibsonGirl said:
"No GibsonGirl! The only reason why you're not studying is because it's the final set of high school exams that you'll ever have to take and you deserve a break after twelve years, damn it!"

I thought you had only a mild case of addiction until I read this. While talking to yourself is a universal sign of addiction, referring to yourself as your interference username is shows that things really have gone too far.:wink:

So seriously I would look at rationing out you're Blue Crack, maybe only limit it to setlist parties until you've finished the exams. I mean there is only so much studying that can be useful - a couple of 3 hour setlist parties a week can't be too bad. I'm a big beliver in being mentally and emotionally prepared for the exam. (I got a 75.05 average though, and don't recall studying more than 2 hours so you probably don't want to take my advice).

In terms then of keeping yourself away from the computer for most of the time... I would find a picture that really offends you and stick it as you're desktop. For example the cover for October. This will then force you well away from the computer. If you respond to sound more than sight, then possibly stick on repeat an artist that writes appaulingly bad music. Rolf Harris, Jet, Punk Music, R&B... you name it, take you're pick. Perhaps create a playlist.

If you like to study with music playing (which I probably would if I did) then maybe have a different album each night. Cycle you're way through a U2 album each night, then start on Radiohead, you should have enough to tie you over to exams.

Don't go cold turkey though you will still need to have "bumps". :hyper:

You are so drunk...

I've had the same problem the past few days. My last English paper of High School needed to be written but I needed a fix.
It ended up a page shorter than it's supposed to be and is complete crap but :shrug: oh, well

PS I'm soooo screwed next year :crack:

mikal said:
GG, i thought you had just finished school.

Classes only officially ended last Friday. For some utterly bizzare reason, my school administrators decided to hold graduation ceremony at least a month before school was over. :crack:

that's crazy! i definitely don't miss school........

good luck, and remember, if you study drunk, you have to take the test drunk, otherwise you're screwed.:wink:

Re: Re: It has come to this.

timothius said:

I thought you had only a mild case of addiction until I read this.

*snippity snip*

You are so drunk...

Timmy, you are the master of good advice! I bet you a cup of earl grey tea that the reason why I've been constantly glued to my computer screen is because I have this totally kick arse picture of the European tour screen set as my wallpaper. I'm going to use this as my wallpaper instead because it's completely stupid and random! And because I absolutely abhored Pocahontas as a child. :mad:

http://files.slonov.net/files/cartoon_films/Pocahontas/wallpaper/1024/Pocahontas_002.jpg

Maybe just a little drunk. :drunk:

ribbons&bows said:
I've had the same problem the past few days. My last English paper of High School needed to be written but I needed a fix.
It ended up a page shorter than it's supposed to be and is complete crap but :shrug: oh, well

PS I'm soooo screwed next year :crack:

We can be screwed together. And English sucks anyway. :happy:

I honestly don't think university is going to work out. I procrastinate far too much.

Re: Re: Re: It has come to this.

GibsonGirl said:

Timmy, you are the master of good advice! I bet you a cup of earl grey tea that the reason why I've been constantly glued to my computer screen is because I have this totally kick arse picture of the European tour screen set as my wallpaper. I'm going to use this as my wallpaper instead because it's completely stupid and random! And because I absolutely abhored Pocahontas as a child. :mad:

Earl Gray. :drool: Tea > Cofee X100. You're on.

Talk about randoom, i found Pokohountas boring as a child, quiet the let down after the wonders of The Lion King (which I love to this day) and Alladian (which I still quiete like). But I think it really did mark the end of my fascination with Disney films, that and Beauty & The Beast.

Really Want To Study Hard? Shane wants to help

You can thank me later. :yes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: It has come to this.

timothius said:

:no: :no: :no:

:censored: *&W^RSBOFHSF^S&FH*!!!

My eyes...my eyes...I've now seen the OTHER lizard of Oz, and it's not good at all! :no: :no: :no:

The Lion King. :drool: *pulls out a scene from memory*

ZAZU: Nobody knows the troubles I've seen...nobody knows my sorrow...
SCAR: Oh Zazu, do lighten up! Sing something with a little, hmm...bounce in it!
ZAZU: It's a small world after all -
SCAR: OH NO! Anything but that!
ZAZU: I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, diddly diddly, there they are a standin' in a row...
SCAR: Bum bum bum
ZAZU: Big ones small ones some as big as your head...

I used to be able to play back that movie in my mind. I even had Lion King trainers. :happy:

I thought blue crack was the miracle drug :scratch:

I'm way too addicted. Always wondering what posts/pics/downloads I've missed and am missing out on. Work has definitely suffered. And this Euro time schedule is NOT working out well for me: a rehearsal show on Thursday & the opening night Brussels show on Friday. Dammit. I try to keep myself away during the day, but... but... but.... :drool: :drool:

:ohmy:
:huh:

Okay, I should go to bed in like 15 minutes or I'll have a terrible day tomorrow! *tells himself... Logout.. now now now!!!!!*

:mad:

I'm trying to log out too, but my hands are resisting the urge. :( I mean, FFS, it's almost 3! In the morning!

Ack. I shall leave (hopefully) within a few minutes. For now, here's a random image for the hockey fans.

torontosucks.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It has come to this.

GibsonGirl said:

My eyes...my eyes...I've now seen the OTHER lizard of Oz, and it's not good at all!

The Lion King. :drool: *pulls out a scene from memory*

I dont hear thank you's. :wink:

Maybe when you get you're marks back, Warney has lead you to victory. The sad thing is that "picture" (some may call it art) was major news over here a few months ago. It's like they just stumbled upon the major realisation that Shane Warne is a slob. Talk about breaking news.:rolleyes:

Lion King :hyper:. I have this thing I always compulsively do when I have something to tell somone it goes somthing like this...

timothius: Hey GibsonGirl guess what!
GibsonGirl: What?
timothius: I'm going to be King of Pride Rock! :hyper:
GibsonGirl: Huh?:huh:
timothius: You know... it's off the Lion King :hyper:
GibsonGirl: Oh yeah, Lion King. Hukkunah Muttata! :rockon:
timothius: Don' Patronise Me :madspit:.

Apart from Home Alone that movie probably was the ultimate for me growing up. :hyper:. Maybe Zoo Station needs a Lion King Appreciation Thread

GibsonGirl said:

I honestly don't think university is going to work out. I procrastinate far too much.

Many great things can be accomplished at the last minute. I'm living proof!!! I survived university through last-minute speed reading sessions. The problem for me is that I truly need inspiration to carry out tasks. In a sick way, I think I'm addicted to the adrenaline that hovers between failure and success. Luckily, I've done ok so far.

Ultimately, my goal is to be more zen-like in my focus, with a little more Edge-like discipline than Bono-last minute rampages through the studio.

Work out university it will...(he said in the voice of his latest hero, Master Yoda)

:up:

One exam down (English), five more to go. :sigh: I've got my pre-calculus exam tomorrow, and I can already tell it's going to be a dirty great bitch of a challenge. Why oh why did I have to think about what the tour was going to be like while my teacher was explaining proof by induction? :(

GibsonGirl said:
One exam down (English), five more to go. :sigh: I've got my pre-calculus exam tomorrow, and I can already tell it's going to be a dirty great bitch of a challenge. Why oh why did I have to think about what the tour was going to be like while my teacher was explaining proof by induction? :(

I'm sure you did fine on that English exam (especially if creative writing is a component of the grading: "great dirty bitch of a challenge"). :giggle:

You've definitely got U2 on the brain! I can relate....they're one of the few things I'm obsessive about...probably because they're one of the few things I see as truly being genuine.

Maybe you subconsciously related this "proof by induction" talk to U2's hall of fame induction, and proof of their greatness...and that led you to tour thoughts. ;)

It is also a tour that, admittedly, was a "great dirty bitch of a challenge" in the beginning, but looks to be firing on all cylinders now.

See, there's hope for you yet...Good luck!

:up:

GibsonGirl said:

My pre-calc final is the only one I need to study for. The rest of my classes I don't really care about, well, I guess I should but...

I figured that if I get 0/100 on my math final, I can still pass with a C in the class and that's all I need for college. Why study when I can't remember a whole semesters worth of pre-calc anyway? :shrug:

Damn you Senioritis :rant:
You've made me not care about my grades anymore :sad:

Thanks for the words of encouragement, you guys. :) The English exam was insanely easy. English is one subject that has always come naturally to me, even though I might not like it all that much. Now mathematics, on the other hand... :yikes: That pre-calc test was absolutely horrible. I think I'll pull off an 80, but only a low 80. That's assuming that the questions I think I got right were indeed right. :sigh: I have my advanced maths exam tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be easier than the pre-calculus.

By the way, angelordevil, you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the Telegram from two days ago lying around, would you? Yours truly is in it. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

By the way, angelordevil, you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the Telegram from two days ago lying around, would you? Yours truly is in it. :wink:

I knew it was just a matter of time before this sick U2 obsession of yours made headlines!! :wink:

I haven't seen Monday's Telegram, but you've got me interested in checking it out....any hints about why you're in there? I'm guessing it's smartness related...you seem like you have award-winning capabilities.

Hmmm...on the other hand, I did hear about a convenience store break-in...:hmm: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom