It has come to this. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:14 AM
It has come to this.

It is far too evident that I'm severely addicted to the blue crack, and that it's having a detrimental effect on my study habits. I have three final exams next week starting on Tuesday, along with three more in the week following that. I probably have only studied fifteen hours in total. I could kid myself and say, "No GibsonGirl! The only reason why you're not studying is because it's the final set of high school exams that you'll ever have to take and you deserve a break after twelve years, damn it!" But then I would be...kidding myself. So I have arrived at the only solution:

I must blow up my computer. Or restrict myself from it somehow. But it's too - bloody - hard! So I ask you, dear fellow Interferencers: how does one break a forum addiction?

No. I haven't been drinking. Why would you say that?!

Old 06-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:14 AM
If you have important exams coming up, I honestly think you should consider asking a friend or family member to "take charge" of your computer for a while. Sure it means a short term sacrifice but you will probably thank yourself in the long-run.

Study takes discipline, and the more distractions the more difficult it is to get down to it, that is my experience anyway.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

I've thought of that. Maybe I can get someone to lock my computer with an obscure password? Because, as much as I try to deny it, the first derivative IS more important than setlist parties.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:14 AM
Tell me about it! This website is reeeeeeallly addictive! You just feel like refreshing the page over and over & checking out new posts forever. And time flies!!!! Time flies like a bitch! I've spent almost all of today, albeit intermittently, on this website. Of course all the fights added to the excitement and I didn't feel like leaving. Must.... have..... self.... control....

Old 06-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Tell me about it! This website is reeeeeeallly addictive! You just feel like refreshing the page over and over & checking out new posts forever. And time flies!!!! Time flies like a bitch! I've spent almost all of today, albeit intermittently, on this website. Of course all the fights added to the excitement and I didn't feel like leaving. Must.... have..... self.... control....

See, I knew I wasn't the only poor soul here with the same problem! I've been sitting on my rear in front of this computer refreshing the same pages over and over and over and over again since seven o'clock! It's now half-past twelve!

I like, need a boyfriend or something.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #6
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:14 AM
I stumbled upon Interference at the beginning of my 3rd year of vet school. I seriously would not have passed if I had found it any sooner.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Stepping away from the crack can be a good thing.

We'll all be here when you come back.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

See, I knew I wasn't the only poor soul here with the same problem! I've been sitting on my rear in front of this computer refreshing the same pages over and over and over and over again since seven o'clock! It's now half-past twelve!

I like, need a boyfriend or something.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
I stumbled upon Interference at the beginning of my 3rd year of vet school. I seriously would not have passed if I had found it any sooner.
Oh my. I can envision that happening to me. Instead of becoming a petrochemical engineer, I'm going to overdose on blue crack and blow it entirely.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Oh my. I can envision that happening to me. Instead of becoming a petrochemical engineer, I'm going to overdose on blue crack and blow it entirely.
I'm so glad I found the blue crack AFTER college or I would have been in serious trouble, being a world-class procrastinator anyway...my senior year was 00/01 and between the new album, the Elevation tour, and how quickly I was becoming obsessed with U2, my grades wouldn't have been pretty.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:14 AM
GG, i thought you had just finished school.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Re: It has come to this.

Quote:
"No GibsonGirl! The only reason why you're not studying is because it's the final set of high school exams that you'll ever have to take and you deserve a break after twelve years, damn it!"
I thought you had only a mild case of addiction until I read this. While talking to yourself is a universal sign of addiction, referring to yourself as your interference username is shows that things really have gone too far.

So seriously I would look at rationing out you're Blue Crack, maybe only limit it to setlist parties until you've finished the exams. I mean there is only so much studying that can be useful - a couple of 3 hour setlist parties a week can't be too bad. I'm a big beliver in being mentally and emotionally prepared for the exam. (I got a 75.05 average though, and don't recall studying more than 2 hours so you probably don't want to take my advice).

In terms then of keeping yourself away from the computer for most of the time... I would find a picture that really offends you and stick it as you're desktop. For example the cover for October. This will then force you well away from the computer. If you respond to sound more than sight, then possibly stick on repeat an artist that writes appaulingly bad music. Rolf Harris, Jet, Punk Music, R&B... you name it, take you're pick. Perhaps create a playlist.

If you like to study with music playing (which I probably would if I did) then maybe have a different album each night. Cycle you're way through a U2 album each night, then start on Radiohead, you should have enough to tie you over to exams.

Don't go cold turkey though you will still need to have "bumps".

You are so drunk...
Old 06-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #13
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:14 AM
I've had the same problem the past few days. My last English paper of High School needed to be written but I needed a fix.
It ended up a page shorter than it's supposed to be and is complete crap but oh, well

PS I'm soooo screwed next year
Old 06-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
GG, i thought you had just finished school.
Classes only officially ended last Friday. For some utterly bizzare reason, my school administrators decided to hold graduation ceremony at least a month before school was over.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:14 AM
that's crazy! i definitely don't miss school........

good luck, and remember, if you study drunk, you have to take the test drunk, otherwise you're screwed.