It costs a lot to look this cheap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluberryPoptart

War Child
Disclaimer:This is just for kicks, if anyone is offended no need to reply!

This is Donatella Versace and her daughter Allegra Beck who just inherited half the family fortune at her 18th birthday this week.

r2309815473.jpg

Forgive me, but are they sporting fashion from their multi-million dollar industry? Looks like stuff you could easily find at Wal-Mart for around $12 per piece. Allegra's outfit it positively tacky, and her shoes look like murder weapons for her feet and any unlucky person she might feel like kicking. Donatella's hiphugger white bellbottoms and halter top would have looked cute on her back in 1975 when they were in style the last time, and she didn't have the face of Sitting Bull.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh get it away!
take it out of my head!!!!!!

I always thought Donatella Versace looked like Miss Piggy. I don't know what it is. I think it's the eyes. :|

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I don't think they look so bad....

Donatella looks like an ABBA impersonating drag queen and at her age, she really 20 years past that outfit. The daughter's clothes are pretty mismatched, but who am I to pick on fashion when I am sitting here typing in my blue with white star flanelette pyjamas and a brown corduory and wool lined jacket.

The daughter appears to have an eating disorder though. Do you really think she looks ok? Or do you mean her clothes only?
:huh:

Angela Harlem said:

Donatella looks like an ABBA impersonating drag queen and at her age, she really 20 years past that outfit.

Oh yes, I agree, that's why I said I'm sure she would have looked cute in it back when she was young. Those pants and that top were the big thing when she was younger, and it looks like she's trying to relive or hold onto her youth, but her face, neck and arms aren't cooperating :yikes: I like the outfit itself, on the right person.

The daughter's clothes are pretty mismatched,
Yeah, tacky. Even if there's a small aqua polka dot somewhere in that skirt that matches the lettering on her shirt, it's not working.

but who am I to pick on fashion when I am sitting here typing in my blue with white star flanelette pyjamas and a brown corduory and wool lined jacket.

I'm sitting here in my Wal-Mart jeans shorts and t-shirt. But we didn't pay ridiculous amounts of money for them. That's what gets to me about the fashion world, some of the stuff is so ugly, or looks the same as stuff at Wal-Mart, and some people feel like they have to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on a outfit because it has a certain person's name on it or comes from a certain store. I could never understand that. Those fashion designers are millionaires because some people need that for their self esteem or some kind of status. I'm glad I'm not like that.

The daughter appears to have an eating disorder though. Do you really think she looks ok? Or do you mean her clothes only?
:huh:

Clothes and eating disorder:| Is it too late to put her in with Mary Kate? I'm not being mean or joking. This girl looks sick :(

My new pyjamas were only $10 from woolworths!
:up:

I pay to look this bad :lol:

But yeah, the daughter just looks horrendous. Her upper arms are rail thin.
:|

:laugh: Me too! :yes:

I am kind of worried that the mother might even be encouraging the daughter to be so skinny. She is a fashion person so she might think the bone thin model look is the thing. (BTW the mother is too old to be that skinny, her bones are showing through)

This is not out of the question, sometimes the parents are to blame as much as the kids. Boring story here. I went to school with a girl whose mother ran the local Little League football cheerleader squad. This lady was overweight but had been a skinny cheerleader as a girl. She wanted her daughter to be the star cheerleader, the one who goes on to win competitions in high school and college. She choreographed her daughter to be the 'throw' girl, the one the others throw up and catch, who always has to be short, light and petite. She was lucky she was only injured in one drop, and broke her arm. It could have been worse.

As the girl got older, it was apparent she was not going to be a naturally petite person. At 12, she was 5'3" and getting taller all the time. Her bone structure was average, but not petite. The mother was devastated. As the girl got taller, her usefulness as the 'throw toss' girl would be gone and that was her dream! (more the mom's than the girl's, and btw she was an only daughter among 4 brothers so this was mom's only chance!)

Her mother decided if she could not keep her short, she'd keep her skinny! In middle school, she never ate lunch. Her mom only allowed her plain carrot and celery sticks and ice water. I'm sure it was the same at home, if she fed her at all. By the time this girl was in high school, she was about 5'8" and looked like a beanpole. Her legs were like stilts and her knees were knobby. Her elbows and arms were almost like a skeleton and you could see her breastbone and back vertabrae clearly depending on what she wore. The girl didn't make the high school cheerleading squad and the mother was devastated! She tried to keep her in private leagues but it didn't work out. The last I ever heard of her, her aunt took her away to another state to live with her. Not the boys, only her. I think she saw what was wrong. I hope she's okay today.

BluberryPoptart said:
and her shoes look like murder weapons for her feet and any unlucky person she might feel like kicking.

I have shoes like that. Don't mess with me. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom