Istanbul here I come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm going to do my damnedest to get to Istanbul next year. It's such an amazing, beautiful and interesting city. It's going to be great!:dance: :dance:

Yeah, it's far away, eight time zones ahead of where I live! It's a great art city, and well, I'm an artist (a visual artist). It's got the most beautiful buildings, has great museums, and well, the restaurants seem to be pretty cool as well, I'll have to hit some of the pastry shops.

I know people who've been there. Turkey's never really interested me too much, but I can see why it would interest others. Lot's of history there!

istanbul is on my list of places to visit one day (along with barcelona)

I would love to visit the Blue Mosque etc as well as Troy and Gallipoli. And go to the bath houses. :up:

Please post photos of your adventures. i would love to see them :drool:

The shopping is supposed to be excellent, too. :up: That's the main reason my sister and I want to go.

My friend brought me one of the evil eye charms back and I never take it off.

Actually it's interesting about the name change. The Turks did not immediately change the name of the city when they took it in 1453. They called it "Konstantinye", and no one knows the exact origin of the name "Istanbul". I have looked for dates for the name change and there's not a precise date.

Everyone I know who's been there agrees it's their favorite place they've ever visited. I would absolutely love to go.

The food and lodging is quite cheap in Turkey, comparatively speaking. And apart from Istanbul, their beaches are absolutely amazing. You'll have a great time!

I know, one thing that makes Turkey attractive to me is the prices. You can stay in a pretty nice place, eat some really good food and have fun without spending too much money. I'm used to going to obnoxiously expensive place for vacations (can you say "New York City"?). I'm going to Washington, D.C. in November and the prices there are just awful. Nice place, I love it, but the prices are outrageous. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom