Isn't Britney classy? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2002, 09:17 PM   #76
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:24 PM

Well I'm just thinking about the hideous clothes my mom used to dress me in.

Old 08-03-2002, 09:18 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:24 AM

i was copying Kylie at 11 lol
however back then she wasnt wearing the hot pants and bra tops just yet, thank god.

Old 08-03-2002, 09:36 PM   #78
Refugee

Local Time: 03:24 PM
What about guys who walk down the street wearing nothing but a pair of shorts? Is that bad? What if Britney posed nude on her next album? Most people would say that is slutty.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:50 PM   #79
The Fly

MMMM...Damn...Britney looks sexy in that top. I think thats the new style. You have to have the breasts and the belly to wear a shirt like that though.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:27 AM   #80
Refugee

Can I just say you made my night, by posting these pictures. Good God, this girl is HOT!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2002, 04:01 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Holy crapola. Those are the hottest pics of Britney ever. If there's anything offensive about them, it's that they seem to be taken by papparazzi.

foray
Old 08-04-2002, 06:41 AM   #82
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:24 PM
am i the only one touching my self right now. yum yum.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #83
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:24 AM
I still think she has a lovely tan.

I am jealous of her tan.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #84
The Fly

Local Time: 08:24 PM
I wonder when is the last time some of you have went to the beach. I see a lot of folks dressed in a lot less. I don't think there is anything wrong with what she is wearing, unless she was dressed like that for church. Cut the girl some slack, she's only 20 or so. She might as well show off her body cuz it won't look like that in another five years. I don't understand why some of you believe she has the responsibility of being a role model for younger girls. That's a load of crap! She can't live her life according to what's appropriate for teenyboppers. If younger girls start dressing like her, don't blame Britney, put the blame on bad parenting. Aren't some of you girls just a tad bit jealous cuz of all the men drooling at her? It's great to be living in a superficial world. Of course, you can always tell yourself that looks don't matter much. Long live Britney!!!!!
Old 08-04-2002, 12:43 PM   #85
you are what you is

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
is Britney Spears really the first female to wear this sort of clothing? I don't see what is so offensive about her behaviour here, I mean, don't you see the nips?
1. no she is not the first one (by far)
2. yes I saw the nips
one of them even tried to bite me
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-04-2002, 01:19 PM   #86
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by qball7200
Seems like many of you gals are jealous of Britney. If you had breasts like that wouldn't you show them off? Do any of you girls wear a bra under a bikini top? With breasts like that, she doesn't need a bra. She's chilling out by the beach, so that's a good enough reason for dressing slutty. Do you think she dresses like that all the time? I doubt it, only the skanky pictures get passed around on the web. Now that her career is winding down, I think she should do Playboy. Are her breasts still growing larger or is she upgrading her implants?
I would show them off..not around my mom and little sister though. And being that rich and having that body I'd find a classier way to show them off then her cut up whore wal mart shirt.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:02 PM   #87
War Child

Local Time: 01:24 PM
GREEN EYED MONSTER TERRORIZES INTERFERENCE!!

I don't like Britney Spears. She can't sing worth a damn, she's not bright enough to be interesting and she actually dated one of the guys in N'SYNC. Three strikes and she's out.

BUT...

I'm actually feeling a lot of sympathy for her right now. "Shitney" Spears? A "whore?" "Slutty?" Because of a tank top????

Is there anything uglier than insecure women? I was watching MTV a couple of months ago with my ex-girlfriend and one of her girlfriends when Pink came on. "She's kinda cute" I opined. The girls went OFF. "That slut! That c***!!" It turned my stomach.

You're all right. Britney isn't that smart. She is uneducated. She's probably made one too many trips to KMart for a woman worth million$. Her singing voice....blech. But that doesn't explain the near hysterical reaction she elicits from other women. It's the green eyed monster at work.

MAP

p.s.- It's pathetic that so many of the WOMEN here are frightened of/offended by/freaked out at NIPPLES. BWAHAHA!! Nipples for God's sake.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:10 PM   #88
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
oh no. britney part 2. i'm starting to fear for the next 10 years now.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:16 PM   #89
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by qball7200
I wonder when is the last time some of you have went to the beach. I see a lot of folks dressed in a lot less. I don't think there is anything wrong with what she is wearing, unless she was dressed like that for church. Cut the girl some slack, she's only 20 or so. She might as well show off her body cuz it won't look like that in another five years. I don't understand why some of you believe she has the responsibility of being a role model for younger girls. That's a load of crap! She can't live her life according to what's appropriate for teenyboppers. If younger girls start dressing like her, don't blame Britney, put the blame on bad parenting. Aren't some of you girls just a tad bit jealous cuz of all the men drooling at her? It's great to be living in a superficial world. Of course, you can always tell yourself that looks don't matter much. Long live Britney!!!!!
You don't understand: I'm not jealous of the attention she gets from men. I wouldn't want guys to be attracted to me solely based on the fact that I have a great body. That's all she has to offer. She is devoid of any talent (except probably being a good dancer), and from what I have heard she is a bitch. Actually, most of the guys I know have more taste and lust after female celebrities who are more elegant and natural than her. And I'm not jealous of beautiful women or actresses. I have posted a lot of pics of women I found beautiful and talented.

Britney is considered a role model to young girls because that's what her audience is mostly composed of. If you go to a Britney show I'm pretty sure 95% of the audience are under 12. The Britney dolls, all of that merchandise is to appeal to these young girls. I'm pretty sure she has repeatedly said that she considered herself a role model (all that virgin talk..bla bla bla..What an hypocrite). That's what I hate most about American celebrities, not all of them, but most of them want everyone to believe that they are pure and wholesome. I prefer some entertainers who are frank about their sexuality and don't pretend they're angels. (Madonna for example)

Look at this pic...look at how her little sister and this other young girl are looking at her:

I just don't think that when you're with your family you should have your tits flopping around like that, in a SEXSI shirt. Sure she's at the beach, but I would never ever consider dressing like that around my family or my friends or on any other occasion, even if it's at the beach.

If I would have her money I would dress in a much more classy way. And you seem very superficial qball....
Old 08-04-2002, 02:50 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

VERY WELL SAID Naya. You know, when women express an opinion about another woman, it doesn't always revolve around jealousy

Are we not entitled to just have an OPINION? And yes I am insecure, but my insecurities have nothing to do w/ Britney Spears or Pink et al.

I think Britney was lovely before she started wearing all that makeup and those, yes trashy, clothes. Her 'style' is a poor role model for young girls. I've seen how some of them dress to emulate her, and it's sexualizing young girls in a society that has too many pedophiles and molesters running around.

And I agree completely with Naya-I love to see a classy and elegant actress or singer. I truly admire them and am not 'jealous' of how they look.

I am 'offended/freaked out by by nipples' only when someone feels the need to constantly display them, all the while denying that they've had implants. I'd rather be flat chested any day then walk around like that.