Isnīt this just beautiful? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-05-2002, 03:21 PM   #16
Local Time: 05:15 AM
yeah, it is. this world cup will forever be remembered as one of surprises and all the rest but everyone was sayin aw yknow its a traditional final...well heres what i say to that!

ok so name the big teams?some of the favourites before the cup to win it?

youve got argentina, france, italy, maybe portugal and spain. but two of the still-big-because-of-heritage countries were completely slagged off, and not given a chance to win. who? yep, germany and brazil. and that makes for an untraditional final!!

brazil showed they are still purveyors of the beeyootiful game, germany showed they still of all the qualities of the german teams of old..........poetic justice, i guess you could say.

sorry for ramblin!!

but i still think it would be even more beautiful if those jerseys were GREEN!

Old 07-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #17
Local Time: 02:15 AM

Originally posted by ccolhandlaura
but i still think it would be even more beautiful if those jerseys were GREEN!
I would like to see that happens. Maybe in the near future. Iīm confident that 4 weel-known Irish citizens would love it.

Okay, this is now old news. So live and let die. Than you all for your nice words. Now for Germany 2006.

Old 07-06-2002, 03:34 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:15 PM
Something just beautiful happened this morning ....2006 is too long away
I turned on RAGE this morning before we headed off to the game (we won the first half) RAGE is our weekend video clip TV show. I just saw the end of a clip called I think" Elvis vs JXL...A little less conversation and a little more action.".Have you seen it? I'm sure I saw some fine soccer players ( I have to call it soccer. In Australia football either means usually rugby league or rugby union or Australian Rules.) I'll be awake early tomorrow to tape it...more treats for the big screen, one day.

One of our backs in the Under 14's is a girl, a very good player. Our best and fairest last year. Her name is Ruby and she wears #9. She was so on the ball new name for her is "R9".

aww heck....hub has the evening news on right now...I'm sorry to hear about that accident, your countrymen, the bereaved.

My wedding anniversary today follower, 12 months since the Elevation Concert opened in Europe...all that anticipation....will they come to Australia? It's been fun waitingty