Isle of Man Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Boy/October/War remastered package yesterday for my birthday. I have yet to listen to them. What are the thoughts on the sound of the remasters and the bonus tracks?
i ripped them, didn't listen on cd cause i don't even know where a cd player with headphones is, and they maybe sound better but my ears aren't great and i'm susceptible to the power of suggestion here; they are supposed to sound better. my uabrs song times are different in the remaster (oh wait, not part of that 3).

the bonus stuff was fun but as we all grumbled about several months ago, coulda been better.

i haven't looked at the books yet.

I didn't notice much of a difference between the Boys because I'd only heard the original once before hearing the remaster. October was the very first time I'd heard that album, but I think War sounds amazing remastered.
And you call yourself a U2 fan. :tsk:

That does surprise me, although I didn't listen to October till about eight months after I registered here.
i ripped them, didn't listen on cd cause i don't even know where a cd player with headphones is, and they maybe sound better but my ears aren't great and i'm susceptible to the power of suggestion here; they are supposed to sound better. my uabrs song times are different in the remaster (oh wait, not part of that 3).

the bonus stuff was fun but as we all grumbled about several months ago, coulda been better.

i haven't looked at the books yet.
I can't tell the difference between CD quality and MP3 quality, so I can relate.

Joshua Tree's remaster had a noticable difference: the bass sounded much better on the remaster.

Aside from listening to Boy on my eighteenth birthday, I'm avoiding U2 albums till just before I get NLOTH. I want to listen to everything in order right before getting it, after having not listened to U2 for a while. I think it will be a good way to re-evaluate everything while simultaneously getting excited.

OK people, new round of Survivor is up. Let's get UF out of here.

That does surprise me, although I didn't listen to October till about eight months after I registered here.

I can't tell the difference between CD quality and MP3 quality, so I can relate.

Joshua Tree's remaster had a noticable difference: the bass sounded much better on the remaster.
yeah i was rockin' out a little more, but i'd also taken a bit of a break from listening to u2, so i didn't know what to attribute it to. but i'd say they do sound a bit better, clearer, more bass.

now i really want someone to explain the time discrepancies on uabrs to me :angry:

Aside from listening to Boy on my eighteenth birthday, I'm avoiding U2 albums till just before I get NLOTH. I want to listen to everything in order right before getting it, after having not listened to U2 for a while. I think it will be a good way to re-evaluate everything while simultaneously getting excited.
interesting idea. but thanks to the remasters i listened to just after xmas (i'd bought them for myself, but that's when i had time) and a session with nsw last night i'm way back into the band for the moment.

also i will totally be listening to everything asap when it leaks, and not waiting for the 13 hours or whatever it'll take to play the other albums. but it is a very cool idea.

I know I know. I just didn't have access to them in short. They were never in stores, and then, after a while, i just gave up on listening to them for some reason. Finally bought Boy and bought October on tape, but the tape experience did not make me so happy, so I took it out after two tracks.

I did this a few weeks ago, it was nice. I'll do it one more time right before NLOTH.

Regarding the remasters, Boy and October's bonus discs are surprisingly worthwhile. On paper, they're done terribly - there is so much potential for them to be even better. But they're still a great listen anyway.

The alternate IWF is interesting.

I know I know. I just didn't have access to them in short. They were never in stores, and then, after a while, i just gave up on listening to them for some reason. Finally bought Boy and bought October on tape, but the tape experience did not make me so happy, so I took it out after two tracks.

I did this a few weeks ago, it was nice. I'll do it one more time right before NLOTH.
to be honest, for the same access reason, i didn't own october legally until i bought the remaster. shoot me. but i had the mp3s, and now i have the damn deluxe remaster, and i've given u2 lots of other money for lots of other things, far more than any other band (or all other bands combined) so whatevs.

Regarding the remasters, Boy and October's bonus discs are surprisingly worthwhile. On paper, they're done terribly - there is so much potential for them to be even better. But they're still a great listen anyway.

The alternate IWF is interesting.
i definitely had fun listening. once you banish thoughts of what could have been.

Methinks I should actually play the vinyl I bought of the BOctoWar set.

ooh, look at my post count. time to annoy assver.

to be honest, for the same access reason, i didn't own october legally until i bought the remaster. shoot me. but i had the mp3s, and now i have the damn deluxe remaster, and i've given u2 lots of other money for lots of other things, far more than any other band (or all other bands combined) so whatevs.

I have no intention at this stage of buying NLOTH. I'm sure Ali or U-Wen or someone else in Victoria will buy the most deluxe edition possible, so I'll check out their copy, and if I decide I need to have it, I'll get it then.

The only U2 products I intend buying in future are a remastered UF (and WAIA if it's separate, though it shouldn't be), anything featuring Lovetown content, and maybe concert tickets.

Holy shit, Ashley, I don't know if you used some kind of a site for your Colbert image in Round III Survivor, but it's still totally awesome.

edit: You did, but I still love it.

I have no intention at this stage of buying NLOTH. I'm sure Ali or U-Wen or someone else in Victoria will buy the most deluxe edition possible, so I'll check out their copy, and if I decide I need to have it, I'll get it then.

The only U2 products I intend buying in future are a remastered UF (and WAIA if it's separate, though it shouldn't be), anything featuring Lovetown content, and maybe concert tickets.

I'm going to buy the biggest edition, why?....I don't know, I'm really not caring of U2 much these days, but at the same time, its U2. I know its possible that this new album will either make or break completely any like-ing-ness at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom