is this spam or legit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i think i got a spam email looking like a microsoft hotmail email, it just looks fishy to me.

the title of the email is "hotmail stuff" and it came to my junk mail folder, not my in box.

here's what the letter said:

Dear MSN User

During one of our regular automated verification procedures we've encountered a problem caused by the fact that we could not verify the data that you provided to us. Please, give us the following information so that we could fully verify your identity. Otherwise your access to MSN services will be closed. To verify your information please follow this link:

https://www.msn.com/mail/hotmail/verify.php

Thanks for using MSN.

Sincerely,
MSN Team.

i've never known hotmail to request account verification? :shifty:

Dont click on that link and DONT give them any information.

It's spam. They will never ask you for that information in an email.

i didn't click it...i did try to go to the site tho by copying and pasting it, but i'd closed out of hotmail already...nothing happened so i closed it before it went any further :shifty: :der:

These kinds of emails have been going around on ebay and paypal, I know for sure its a scam to get your information.

yeah...i got suspicious about it cuz it went to my junkmail. i emailed hotmail about it earlier today, but i haven't heard back from them yet.

ABEL said:
Please, give us the following information so that we could fully verify your identity.

Too many mistakes to be legit.

images

When I read this thread title, I wanna break out some Hammer pants.

2 legit! 2 legit 2 quit!!

Oh, I know I'm not the only one!!!!

in the regular periodic emails that hotmail sends you it says right in them that they will never ask you for personal info through email.

It's spam

Don't even click on it. It is a quick way for someone to steal your email account and payment information. They use it to steal your money through one of those paypal servers..:mad: MSN never requests you to verify account information that way and you should never ever give out your password or credit card information on line to do it.

Besides, hotmail is FREE!

Call the MSN customer service if you have doubts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom