is there anyway stormfront can be shut down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
hi everyone, happy hollidays.

i was in a lord of the rings thread at ateaseweb.com (a radiohead website that i frequent) and they gave a link to http://www.stormfront.org

the site is really disturbing. its pretty much a white supremacy/nazi movement site that feeds off of misguided people.

my question is "why is this allowed?" why cant it be shut down? its an obvious hate site, and could result in serious damage to various groups.

go to the message board and youll see what i mean. their forum is identical to ours in navigation, with different colours. sure is nice to come here and see normal and right minded people.

what do you think we can do? please dont go there and sign up and just make fun of them. it will only make them feel better about themselves.

instead, lets discuss what we can do to either

a) shut down the site

b) infiltrate their message boards and not be mean, rather create friendships with them and open dialogue with them and show them how wrong they are?

those are my two ideas. what are yours?

its really depressing to read what these people have to say...

Storm Front is an org that's been around for a long time unfotunetly....
The beauty about America is we have free speech, and so far, that includes the internet.

If you don't like the msg. board, then don't go there.
If you don't like the org. then do things that will in the long run have more of an impact on orgs. like that.
If you try to infiltrate their boards, it'll just give them what they want, more publicity and more credibility.

i saw that site not too long ago, and its pretty disturbing...they have a martial arts/self defense forum, and then there was one thread where i read about some guy who bought a gun. sick.

what gets me is their blind hate. the way they categorize all races and religions and what not.

its awful. no words to really describe its hate.

Actually, you just did the right thing. Speech is countered with speech. You warned those who had never seen the web page.

Thank you!

After I saw your post I checked out their website as I have never been exposed to this sort of narrow-minded propaganda before and was curious as to just what it was about. I looked under the music forum section and the thread on Joe Strummer dying, the comments were ridiculous, but apart from that, one person said, "Now if we can only do something about Bono" I have to say I had to walk away from my computer to stop from replying in a very basal way to their ignorance and hate. I don't think I can ever look at that site again as I just get too upset and worked up. It's so upsetting to know there are people out there who believe this rubbish! Where is their tolerance and understanding? Unfortunately, they just don't "get it" and probably never will. But the darker side of me would love to "address their hate" but I know better, you cannot fight hate with hate, only with love, God love them please, and turn their hearts around.

dub, i hear ya loud and clear. i feel the same way.

zonelistener, thanks a lot for sharing that here, lol.

Bear-
these guys are a joke.
a sick joke.
Proportionaltely they do not reflect what normal ppl think
1 thing we have to realize is that anybody can make a website this days.
Keep things in perspective.

W all the websites/info everywhere intellegent ppl realize what these bastards are-hatemongers dealing from fear.

Diamond

Bear that was a very good thought you had., about trying to become friends etc. instead of bashing them. I wish more people thought like that. This world might be a bit nicer place with more bears. :sexywink:

I'll pray for these people. It is definately sad. Thanks for brining it to our attention.

Back
Top Bottom