Is there anybody out there???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Has anybody heard anything at all about...

a.) A new Pink Floyd album?

b.) A new tour? :drool:

I miss my other fav band.:sad:

pink floyd retired in 1993, unfortunately...........
anyway, gilmour still tours sometimes and roger waters plans a musical about "the wall"..........but just a rumour, hope it'll be true!

:eyebrow: Was the Div Bell released by aliens then? Dude, they're still together. It just seems like they're more dormant than ever. It's been what... 11 years since Div Bell!!!

By the way, I checked the Band Index and there's no other thread out there that discusses prospective tours and albums.

:tongue:

sorry...................but they're no more together, they never split off, but they've retired as pink floyd, division bell was in fact their last album. as you know, after pulse, the double live album, only greatest hits came out, there's another group which is called the new pink floyd, but they do covers, gilmour, mason and wright aren't anymore together

Yeah, they definitely haven't announced a retirement or anything.

There are always rumours flying about a new album or tour...

Hey DaveC, I saw your other thread with the extensive list of 'who sang what'. Great job! :up: You must be one hardcore fan. :wink:

babyman said:
sorry...................but they're no more together, they never split off, but they've retired as pink floyd, division bell was in fact their last album. as you know, after pulse, the double live album, only greatest hits came out, there's another group which is called the new pink floyd, but they do covers, gilmour, mason and wright aren't anymore together

Erm...do you know anything about Pink Floyd?

DaveC said:
Yeah, they definitely haven't announced a retirement or anything.

There are always rumours flying about a new album or tour...

they did:wink: announcing division bell in 1992 david gilmour said it was the last record of pink floyd. in the past years there were many voices circulating about a reunion with roger waters himself, but roger said several times he will never join pink floyd back again

babyman said:

they did:wink: announcing division bell in 1992 david gilmour said it was the last record of pink floyd.

He most certainly did NOT.

in the past years there were many voices circulating about a reunion with roger waters himself, but roger said several times he will never join pink floyd back again

That doesn't preclude Rick, Dave, and Nick from going back out.

i don't remember the right words now, but the heart of the matter was that they, as pink floyd, would never make another new record. 13 years passed away, have you seen another pink floyd album during these 13 years?..............just greatest hits to make money, no records, no gigs, nothing. gilmour toured last time in 2002-03 i think, anyway in recent times

babyman said:
i don't remember the right words now, but the heart of the matter was that they, as pink floyd, would never make another new record.

Look mate, you're talking to the Pink Floyd Guru here. They never, EVER said such a thing. I know that for a fact. The reason for this is a) I found a transcript of the press conference - there's nothing of the sort in there, and b) TDB marked a new rejuvenation for PF. They were all back together and making music for the first time in 10 years, and they were all loving the album, they all enjoyed the tour. There would be no reason for them to definitively say that they were done. Besides that fact that they just plain didn't say it.

13 years passed away, have you seen another pink floyd album during these 13 years?..............just greatest hits to make money, no records, no gigs, nothing. gilmour toured last time in 2002-03 i think, anyway in recent times

Dave played 2 solo shows in 2002, one at the Meltdown Festival for Robert Wyatt, and one at the Royal Albert Hall. Since then he has played at Steve O'Rourke's funeral (with Roger and the rest of Pink Floyd, by the way -- Yes you read that right.) in 2003 where they played Fat Old Sun and Wish You Were Here and also at the 50th Anniversary festival of the Fender Stratocaster where DG played Marooned, Coming Back to Life, and Sorrow.

I'm well aware that there has been nothing released in 10 years (you seem to keep changing your dates - TDB came out in 1994 and the PULSE tour was the same year). I'm not totally naive - I know that the chances of a new record are unbelievably slim. But since the band themselves has NOT explicitly stated that they are done, then I will not give up.

DG has been writing songs lately with Rick you know. Even played one of them, called Smile at the Meltdown Festival.

DaveC said:

Look mate, you're talking to the Pink Floyd Guru here. They never, EVER said such a thing. I know that for a fact. The reason for this is a) I found a transcript of the press conference - there's nothing of the sort in there, and b) TDB marked a new rejuvenation for PF. They were all back together and making music for the first time in 10 years, and they were all loving the album, they all enjoyed the tour. There would be no reason for them to definitively say that they were done. Besides that fact that they just plain didn't say it.

Dave played 2 solo shows in 2002, one at the Meltdown Festival for Robert Wyatt, and one at the Royal Albert Hall. Since then he has played at Steve O'Rourke's funeral (with Roger and the rest of Pink Floyd, by the way -- Yes you read that right.) in 2003 where they played Fat Old Sun and Wish You Were Here and also at the 50th Anniversary festival of the Fender Stratocaster where DG played Marooned, Coming Back to Life, and Sorrow.

I'm well aware that there has been nothing released in 10 years (you seem to keep changing your dates - TDB came out in 1994 and the PULSE tour was the same year). I'm not totally naive - I know that the chances of a new record are unbelievably slim. But since the band themselves has NOT explicitly stated that they are done, then I will not give up.

DG has been writing songs lately with Rick you know. Even played one of them, called Smile at the Meltdown Festival.

yeah, 1994, it doesn't matter, 1or 2 years, i'm not good remebering dates..........................anyway, i knew already the other things you've posted, but they made this statement i'm talking about, trust, i've read about many years ago.........the last release regarding pink floyd is nick mason's book inside out, so far there aren't any other pink floyd music projects,

DaveC said:

Yes...so far.

you're a big pink floyd fan, i bet you'd do everything for them! :wink: it's quite impossible to hear again about them, but who knows, things can change, it would be an event..........
i've seen roger waters in 2002 in germany during the in the flesh tour, better than pink floyd.................:wink:
here in europe there's a band circulating which is called the new pink floyd, have you heard about them?

Never heard of them.

They can't possibly be better than The Australian Pink Floyd Show though.

PS: Roger Waters is going back on tour in 2006 to support his "halfway done" rock album.

try to download something, they're not so bad, they made a few shows around italy and the rest of europe last year
roger back on tour?............................he's stainless!

They are quite honestly the best PF tribute out there.

They even played at David's 50th birthday party, and are the only PF tribute to play (and sell out) Earl's Court and Royal Albert Hall.

..................earl's court and royal albert hall sold out are a good visit card.........................the magic of pink never disappears............even though roger sings: "i got some bad news for you sunshine, pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel........." they could have easily done another record after division bell, i hate when such incredible bands stop making records, i hope your hopes will be realized (anyway, it's my hope, too) i would like to see flying pigs again! have you noticed how the lyrics of high hopes seem to be a parting message............and how it ends............."forever and ever"

Yeah, High Hopes does kinda seem like a farewell song to me. :(

The Aussie Floyd is amazing though... I saw them live last September. I had one of those "holy living fuck...I'm hearing live PF music" moments during Comfortably Numb when the disco ball was going and the guitarist was ripping off a near-perfect solo.

and head begins to swing and gilmours voice and guitar gets you through..................i can understand how it feels, roger waters was amazing that time i've seen him, there wasn't a stage design like the usual one of pink floyd, quite simple, (anyway the pig was there! :wink: )but the musicians were fantastic, and there was one who had a voice nearly like dave's! if roger comes around back next year go watch him if you haven't, 3 hours bomb concert

Back
Top Bottom