Is there any other women out there like me who...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
have children? I know some interlanders do, like BAW, but its rare that we talk about it, I sometimes feel a bit out of place talking about my baby, she's six years old, and is a huge U2 fan.

She is a very huge part of my life, and I find it really hard not to include her in my daily conversations with anyone. She has brought so much joy into my life. I learn so much how it is to be a kid just from being with her. Its almost like I get to relive the good part of my childhood thru her by just spending time with her. The little things she does makes me think, laugh, cry... No words can describe my feelings for her when I watch her sleep at nights, play with other kids, discover new talents, etc... I love her. She is my life:heart:

Attachments

• we're at disneyland.jpg
    we're at disneyland.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 64
She's very cute nellie! I know there are a lot of interlander kids running around out there, but you're right, we don't really talk about them very much :shrug: Don't know why.

My kids definately make my life interesting...especially since my sons are teenagers :huh:

This is my favorite with my boys, taken 7 years ago tomorrow...they are now 17 and 15. And yes, the older one still looks just as confused :)

screen

These are my stepkids, Ricky and Jennifer taken last Christmas. They are 24 and 27.

screen

Awwwwwwww!

I admire parents...I'm still too selfish to have kids at this point...I don't like sharing my toys! :wave:

My parents gave me such a kick ass childhood too that I'm worried I won't be able to give my kids such a great time growing up, so I'm nervous to have 'em.

BAW, you look beautiful in your picture! and your kids are too cute!

I seriously thought I posted an older pic of Daisy but thats when she was like 2-3 years old lol. Here's a more current one from last year christmas.

3358988323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23233468873%3B8ot1lsi

I'll second what BC said....Maybe someday but not today....:huh: Of course...step one-Get a boyfriend....:laugh:

But props to all you moms out there. Moms rule. Especially ones who bring their kids up to love good music....:up: ;)

I love my mom.

I don't think I want to have kids... I have so many health problems that my doctors say are genetic, I don't want to pass it on. I've gone through so much in my short time here and I wouldn't want anyone else-- especially my child to have to go through what I did. I admire people that have kids though. My aunt and uncle just adopted 2 boys from russia! I can't *wait* for thanksgiving when I get to see my new cousins :)

Okay, I'm a dad, but my 2 year old daughter loves U2. Even in the middle of a melt-down, if I asker her if she wants to watch the Elevation 2001 DVD (known as the rhyming song to her) she immediately brightens up and runs to the TV. I'll lift her up in the air, bounce on the bed and dance to the music with her. She loves it!

LizardU2 said:
I don't think I want to have kids... I have so many health problems that my doctors say are genetic, I don't want to pass it on. I've gone through so much in my short time here and I wouldn't want anyone else-- especially my child to have to go through what I did.
:hug: i understand. you mentioned your aunt and uncle adopting, have you considered adopting as well? (when the time is right of course) just wondering. :)

btw nbcrusader, you sound like a cute daddy. :wink:
what you said sounds exactly how my dad was with me when i was little, playing his music and the two of us bouncing and dancing. :D

nbcrusader said:
Okay, I'm a dad, but my 2 year old daughter loves U2. Even in the middle of a melt-down, if I asker her if she wants to watch the Elevation 2001 DVD (known as the rhyming song to her) she immediately brightens up and runs to the TV. I'll lift her up in the air, bounce on the bed and dance to the music with her. She loves it!

My daughter used to sing to herself in public, like once I was shopping for food, and I wasn't really paying attention to what she was singing, but she was doing bits and pieces of "I Will Follow" and some teens that were standing behind us started laughing because they knew the song. That's mah girl! She's going to be one of those kids who grow up knowing all the songs from U2 by heart:cool:

akorse I don't have kids of my own.....but I have 2 neices and 1 nephew. It is the funnest thing to watch 'em grow up :tongue:

nbcrusader said:

okay, that's just too cute
my dad had a band back in the day, they played old school R and B... I'd sing now and then :tongue:
no chilluns for me though... I'm not good with kids. Ask Lilly.

how can i not say.......YES

My firstborn, he's just moved out of home, I miss him. I feel I have succeeded with that one. I was recently wondering what day Iris Hewson was born(not sure why) I looked in the Unforgettable Fire book , but the date isn't mentioned. I did see something else though, that gave me a start and I don't know why I had never noticed it before.
My most joyous day is perhaps Bono's saddest, September 10.

My second, accidently given the same name as BB King ( also a gaelic word meaning "our car...valiant".....there is a funny story to that), born on the same day as Sting. He's a beautiful woodworking baby musicican with fierce blue eyes.

And the baby, the dreamer,he's doing it tough. He has to be the focus of my attention for a while.
There aren't words really, deep as the ocean...they've grown up waaaaaaaaaaaay too quickly.
Enjoy every moment you can nellie, she's beautiful...you have a Daisy a Day to enjoy. My mother is named after a flower too.

I don't suppose it's news to anyone, that I have sprogs. I was already telling long-winded tales about my love of those boys...what do I call them when they are all over 18? That has got me worried.

:hug: to the parents, of all descriptions....... grand and god and adoptive and step and biological and hard-working and sometimes despairing and doing the best we can.
It's a kind of magic.:heart: :heart: :heart:

oh, just one...I wish i could use that snapfish doovelacky thingo

My baby

Attachments

• whomeyesu.jpg
    whomeyesu.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 22
I have two girls. A nine year old who loves U2 and a 14 year old. Ever since the 14 year old has started junior high, she has really changed, we are definately going through a tough period. She is not a big U2 fan, she is into the rap and hip hop that's really popular right now.

dipster said:
I have two girls. A nine year old who loves U2 and a 14 year old. Ever since the 14 year old has started junior high, she has really changed, we are definately going through a tough period. She is not a big U2 fan, she is into the rap and hip hop that's really popular right now.

Hang in there...it gets easier! Those junior high years were the worst I ever had with my boys but now that they're in 10th and 12th grade, things are much, much better.

My kids aren't into U2 either. The oldest is really into hip hop and rap and the younger one is into the Doors and Nirvana. He will listen to U2 with me and he knows most of their songs but he doesn't listen on his own.

Bono's American Wife said:

Hang in there...it gets easier! Those junior high years were the worst I ever had with my boys but now that they're in 10th and 12th grade, things are much, much better.

My kids aren't into U2 either. The oldest is really into hip hop and rap and the younger one is into the Doors and Nirvana. He will listen to U2 with me and he knows most of their songs but he doesn't listen on his own.

Thank you, it's encouraging to know it will get better, I figured it would at some point. My kids are 5 years apart, so my younger child will probably start going through the tough years right when my older daugher wil start to get over them!

Here's a pic of me with my younger daughter

Attachments

• photo0063.jpg
    photo0063.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 16
I don't have any kids, but I do have a little brother whom I really helped to raise because my family was going through a lot of tough times, from when he was about one-and-a-half until he was almost nine. He's almost eleven now (I'm nine-and-a-half years older than him) and he is my absolute favorite, most spoiled sibling. :) (I also have 2 younger sisters.) We get along great, even now; he's the best person for me to go to hockey games with!

My scanner has become my pet

yay we have more mommies and more pics!!
here's some more pictures of Daisy I found recently.

3358%3B53923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E232334844%3A%3A%3A9ot1lsi

3358%3B53923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E232334844%3A9%3B%3Aot1lsi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom