Is there a special edition of 'Standing on the shoulder of giants'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I bought a used copy of this album today and I opened it up and found that it came in a 2CD case with an extra 2 track CD in there.
Track 1)Go let it out
Track 2)Let's all make believe

What exactly did I get here? I looked on cdnow to find out if there was a special edition but I couldn't find it anywhere.

And among Oasis fans, what do you make of this album?

------------------
This post brought to you by: N'SYNC "Biggest entertainment whore since KISS."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Hey Johnny,

I too have the special 2 Disc Oasis set. If you bought the CD at Best Buy then you received the 2 disc set, everywhere else you only get one CD.

Let's All Make Believe sounds so very similar thematically to John Lennon's Imagine that it is almost laughable but still an ok song. I mean come on if you were making belive wouldn't that be the same thing as imagining something? Thats the very first similarity.

I would say that Giants is weaker than the other three albums but they seem to have peaked at Morninglory and have gradually decreased since then. That said, it is still a good CD and I think my favorite track is Where Did It All Go Wrong. Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by socalu2fan (edited 07-26-2001).]

Personally, I love "Let's All Make Believe", and I think the album is as good as Definitely Maybe, and better than the other three... but that's just me.

"Standing" is kind of a schizo album. It has some cool slow tracks, and some rockers. It has some of the best Oasis songs ever, but also some of the worst. My favorites are Sunday Morning Call and Gas Panic. But Little James and I Can See A Liar are just God-awful.

The album flows well, but is still probably their weakest. I still pop it in the CD player from time to time, but it seems like the band was unsure of themselves while making it. It almost feels rushed, though certainly not underproduced like POP.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Better than Whats the story?

Yeah, I have to say so. Perks of WTSMG are: The singles, Champagne Supernova and Cast No Shadow
Downsides: Swamp Song Interludes, Hey Now, and Hello really aren't up to the rest of the album, although good.

Perks of SOTSOG:
Really cool intro, the singles, the flow, and one hell of a dramatic closer. Also, listen to "Who Feels Love" with headphones... the harmony, even if produced, is mindblowing.
Downsides: As has been said, Little James and I Can See a Liar, although the latter has a cool frantic feel to it

Oasis starts to go downhill when Liam starts writing songs...they should stick to the orignal formula...

Liam - sing
Noel - write

Noel is much more talented, and actually sings lead vocals on two of their best songs ever - Don't Look Back in Anger and the Masterplan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom