Is the forum worth a reasonable monthly or yearly fee? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to spend $3/month OR $24/year (or similar) on this place?
Yes 47 53.41%
No 41 46.59%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2002, 04:26 PM   #121
Banned

Local Time: 10:55 PM
The Answer is NO

If there will be -pay- to- use- U2 interference forum , it will not live , even if it will , number of members will be much much less then now , remember the destiny of Napster ??????

Old 08-07-2002, 05:42 PM   #122
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Re: The Answer is NO

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd
If there will be -pay- to- use- U2 interference forum , it will not live , even if it will , number of members will be much much less then now , remember the destiny of Napster ??????
Personally, I agree....
but why I'm replying is your napster comment. Napster died because of an injunction by the court. BMG could not find a way to make it feasible and profitable with the technology layer they were using... even if napster was ever revived.. it wouldnt be the napster we knew. Keep something in mind though, Napster was a music free for all - a black market of music. The model of Napster does not relate at all to the model of Feedback. And once again... I'm going to state... the LAST thing I ever want to happen here is that Feedback become a mandatory pay site. Donations are still coming in... keep'em coming.. we've got a goal to meet

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:19 PM   #123
Banned

Um.
I wont even have a dollar to my name till I get paid in about a week, but i can offer a nice incentive for those who do have the funds to contribute:

Any man who makes a contribution of at least $25 will receive an actual photograph of my tits absolutely FREE!!!!

mua ha ha ha ha ha ha

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

^^ Life's a bitch, so i became one ^^
Old 08-07-2002, 10:37 PM   #124
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto
Um.
I wont even have a dollar to my name till I get paid in about a week, but i can offer a nice incentive for those who do have the funds to contribute:

Any man who makes a contribution of at least $25 will receive an actual photograph of my tits absolutely FREE!!!!

mua ha ha ha ha ha ha

*is scandalized*

Old 08-07-2002, 11:31 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:55 PM
I'm with Mr & Mrs Wanderer on this. I've cut back on my time at Interference cos I've had to put in more effort into my work. Money is real tight for me this year; I've bought only one cd in the last 9 months which is a drastic thing for me. This is not a sob story; only to say that I will leave this place if payment is minotaur--I mean, mandatory.

Thanks,

foray
Old 08-08-2002, 01:12 AM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:55 PM
As i don't have time to read all the comments, so I'll just react with my gut, as usual
Words are inadequate to express what Interference has meant to me in the past couple of years. So I'll send some $$$instead, happily, graciously...more than words. Maybe my signature provides some clue.

So Elvis,as soon as I work out how , I will. I think the Australin dollar may be slightly, ever so slightly worth a few more UScents.
I tried to join a Bowie and Queen site when i first connected to the net and they had very expensive membership fees.

One thing.....the need to become ,for want of a better word, "flashier"? I just know how much electricity computers chew through , so as much as I love my "pics of bono" sometimes less is best. I don't know what I'm trying to say here....as usual
KIS? Keep It Simple

It's Official btw...I heard it on the radio news this morning..Australians per capita are the biggest producers of green house gas on the planet. I suspected that already...damn embarrassed , no ashamed, now IO.

asap Joel.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:33 AM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Um.

*does a little dance

*sends address

Do you use FedEx?
Old 08-08-2002, 07:37 AM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Very typical of 4A and Wanderer.... shame...

Quote:
Originally posted by foray
I'm with Mr & Mrs Wanderer on this. I've cut back on my time at Interference cos I've had to put in more effort into my work. Money is real tight for me this year; I've bought only one cd in the last 9 months which is a drastic thing for me. This is not a sob story; only to say that I will leave this place if payment is minotaur--I mean, mandatory.

Thanks,

foray

Most of us have gained quite a bit from this site: information, pictures, trades, CD's, various U2 items (or leads to such items), jokes, on-line friendships and even real-time friendships. As such, I don't believe his request for $$ to help maintain this site - an expense that he has mostly burdened entirely by himself - is unreasonable. While I realize Joel doesn't want to make payment mandatory, if he were to make us pay, this might weed out some of those who are using or have used this site rather heavily in the past (meaning, even if they don't use it that much now), but now bulk at the thought of "splurging" $3/month. To people like that, I say "good riddance."
Old 08-08-2002, 07:51 AM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

mua ha ha ha ha ha ha
What might one expect for a $50 donation??
Old 08-08-2002, 07:56 AM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

People who have been here for two years voting NO. *I voted Yes. I would hate to see Interference lose members over this.
Not me!

I would love to see a few heavy users with tight wallets leave. IMO, this would IMPROVE Interference.

Mind you, if there are some people who truly would donate if they had the funds, but honestly cannot spare an extra penny, then those could be "forgiven" their membership dues or have other Interference members pay for them (from those who donate more than $24/year, for example). Here is an example of such a person:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sula:
Interference has been my online home for a long time now, and I have donated, will continue to donate, etc. to help keep it running. However, in the next two years while Iím away with the Peace Corps, making minimum wage and having no net access, Iím not so sure if it would be feasible. Which would make me quite sad.

But for those who just say "no" or use the standard excuse that "money is tight" (it's tight for everyone - we aren't U2 here with millions of $$, we are just U2 fans ) then I think Interference might actually be better off without these members...
Old 08-08-2002, 09:37 AM   #131
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:55 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho

Not me!

I would love to see a few heavy users with tight wallets leave. IMO, this would IMPROVE Interference.

Mind you, if there are some people who truly would donate if they had the funds, but honestly cannot spare an extra penny, then those could be "forgiven" their membership dues or have other Interference members pay for them (from those who donate more than $24/year, for example). Here is an example of such a person:

But for those who just say "no" or use the standard excuse that "money is tight" (it's tight for everyone - we aren't U2 here with millions of $$, we are just U2 fans ) then I think Interference might actually be better off without these members... [/B]

I'm sure you're kidding by the above message. But in case you're not..

Interference would not be the same without anyone. This is a beautiful community and that's why we have set up the system of Donations - it's an "at your own will" situation.

No one has to donate, and absolutely no one will be excluded, banished, asked to leave because they cannot donate or chose to vote no. That would be like asking non-tithing church members to leave - and a church is made up of the people. So is Interference.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:45 AM   #132
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

No one has to donate, and absolutely no one will be excluded, banished, asked to leave because they cannot donate or chose to vote no. That would be like asking non-tithing church members to leave - and a church is made up of the people. So is Interference.

Oh sorry... off track thought.... "church of U2"

*shakes*

*runs!!!!

On another note, I'm looking for a group of people to 'brainstorm' ideas of how we can generate money to also help keep the site afloat and growing. If you're interested in becoming part of such a group please send an email to donate@interference.com. and put BRAINSTORM as the subject line.

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:11 AM   #133
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:55 PM
I decided that I will continue to turn down $ from ALL the ppl that say they would PAY ME $ money to read my post s, ok?-jk
My charity spilleth over
Im never about the cake.

Seriously -
Keep up the good work, TeamInterference.

Diamond
Old 08-08-2002, 11:25 AM   #134
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Diamond
he is dancing again....
Old 08-08-2002, 11:42 AM   #135
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal brainstorm

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
On another note, I'm looking for a group of people to 'brainstorm' ideas of how we can generate money to also help keep the site afloat and growing.
i think we should pimp people out. i'll bet salami could bring in loads of cash.