Is Radiohead innovative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really. I think they were just brilliant at taking wonderful things from the past, twisting them a little bit, and selling them to a widespread audience.

But I don't think they have ever really introduced anything that "new" in particular. They were just, at their peak, far better than any other band around at the time.

Last edited:
I think Kid A was innovative in the way it brought experimental arrangements into mainstream music

I'm Ready said:
I think Kid A was innovative in the way it brought experimental arrangements into mainstream music

didn't U2 do that with Zooropa and Passengers?

and isn't that what made The Beatles great?

how about Pink Floyd? they're pretty popular from what I've heard.

I still think Zooropa (or possibly David Bowie's Low) is the best example of bringing strange and brilliant music to the masses.

I reckon Radiohead have been innovative, and I blame Radiohead for the unprecedented amount of shite that is out there at the moment.

Vocalists who try and imitate Yorke's voice (which only ever sounds good (most of the time) when it is Yorke himself singing a Radiohead song). Yorke-wannabes come off sounding more whiny than in genuine despair, and their lyrical themes are nowhere near as genuine and as honest as Yorke's.

There are some Radiohead songs out there that I can't help but think of as producing an unprecedented sound in music history - namely Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors, Worrywort, Airbag, Kinetic, The Gloaming, Myxamatosis

Back
Top Bottom