Is it time for the InterferenceFootballLeague (IFL) yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Truer words never were spoken.
Nice special teams play and clock management.

What was wrong with the clock management? They had the ball on the 49ers 33 with a minute left to play down by 3 after by trailing by 19 late in the 3rd quarter. A bad interception stopped the comeback from being complete, blame that on Bulger, not Martz.

Special teams do suck a fat one though.

Chizip said:

What was wrong with the clock management? They had the ball on the 49ers 33 with a minute left to play down by 3 after by trailing by 19 late in the 3rd quarter. A bad interception stopped the comeback from being complete, blame that on Bulger, not Martz.
Martz was lucky on the clock management. When you call a timeout, then run Faulk for a short gain and immediately call another timeout while down 10, well..."Lucy you've got some 'splaining to do."
One of his other great coaching blunders is his decision to continue to go with "Pick" Bulger at QB...he lived up to his name again yesterday.
Martz showed he had zero faith in "Pick" 2 years ago in the horrendoulsy embarassing playoff loss to the Panthers, yet he still goes with him, and the Rams for all their offensive talent are bound for another 8-8 type season.
The Torry Holts, Isaac Bruces, Marshall Faulks of the world probably all want trades to KC.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
in the live draft league...

i had about 60 points sitting on my bench

top quality fantasy coaching there :banghead:

In a league with only 8 teams, there's gonna be lots of points left on everyone's bench every week.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
ok who in the live league is unforgiven? i proposed a trade to you 4 days ago... let's get crackin here :grumpy:

sorry it took so long to get back to you... but please folks, make serious offers...

i usually ignore spam :grumpy:

Chizip likes to think Fantasy football means proposingFantasy trades like this gem(made this week after Pennington's arm fell off and Parker's stint as starter has ended, and Ricky Williams 1 week from retutrning):
Chad Pennington and Willie Parker for Daunte Culpepper and Ricky Williams

Amazingly it was rejected

that was before it was known pennington was out for the season

and after culppers two terrible games

and willie parker was the #1 rusher in the league and is still the starter

and ricky williams isnt gonna do crap

sooo, i dont think that proposal was too ridiculous

Right, any bridges to sell in Brooklyn?

Pittsburgh is on bye this week, its been announced that Bettis will start next, it was mentioned during the game last Sunday. You offered that trade on what day? Monday or was it Tuesday?
Parker was #3 in the league not #1 at the time, and Culpepper just had a monster game. It was known that Pennington left the game injured and was set for an MRI.
And Ricky Williams will have some high rushing totals.

zumanity42 said:

sorry it took so long to get back to you... but please folks, make serious offers...

i usually ignore spam :grumpy:

as a giants fan i find it pretty good that you believe giving me eli manning in exchange for clinton portis isn't a serious offer and is "spam," esp. considering how running backs are much more valuable in fantasy than qb's are.

:shrug:

you could've always made a counter offer instead of flat out rejecting, so that i know exactly what you think a serious offer for eli manning would be.

headache, headache, headache... if i want a non producing rb, i've already got c.martin...who btw, has better #s than portis.(not much better though)

their stats aren't as good as eli's, even if you combine their totals

& sorry for the mix-up. i had several offers for mannings. i thought i responded to yours :lol:

resubmit a serious offer & i will get back to you...

Hewson said:
Chizip likes to think Fantasy football means proposingFantasy trades like this gem(made this week after Pennington's arm fell off and Parker's stint as starter has ended, and Ricky Williams 1 week from retutrning):
Chad Pennington and Willie Parker for Daunte Culpepper and Ricky Williams

Amazingly it was rejected

Oh good. I thought his offer was just another way to insult me. I'm happy to see he make crazy offers to everyone. :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

Oh good. I thought his offer was just another way to insult me. I'm happy to see he make crazy offers to everyone. :wink:

There is a LONG history...I think (ok...I DID) I went off on him two seasons ago.

He is competitive...wants to win...even if it means shady trades. :D

WildHoneyAlways said:

psh, you wanted a reciever and i offered you a guy averaging 128 yards and a td per game.

the problem is you guys couldnt see value if it was written on the inside of your eyelids.

i cant believe someone actually thinks ricky williams is going to be a fantasy threat. i only included him in the trade so that there would be an even amount of players. i thought i was taking the least valuable player on your roster, and i was going to dump him after the trade to pick up someone better off the free agent wire anyway.

sheesh, you people.

zumanity42 said:
headache, headache, headache... if i want a non producing rb, i've already got c.martin...who btw, has better #s than portis.(not much better though)

their stats aren't as good as eli's, even if you combine their totals

& sorry for the mix-up. i had several offers for mannings. i thought i responded to yours :lol:

resubmit a serious offer & i will get back to you...

no thanks... if you think a "serious" offer for a quarterback who's had one great game in his entire career involves ladanian tomlinson, you're out of your mind.

i hope portis runs for 500 yards this week.

now, don't be so hoe-stile. :grumpy:

i didn't come to you for a trade....

wouldn't expect you to give up lt, just as you wouldn't expect me to give up peyton.

c. williams on the other hand... :hmm:

oh, & don't hold your breath for a 500+ yd day for portis....

baby steps...

:ufunny:

...nope

no second thoughts....

11577elibanner.jpg

:lol:

Chizip said:

i cant believe someone actually thinks ricky williams is going to be a fantasy threat. i only included him in the trade so that there would be an even amount of players. i thought i was taking the least valuable player on your roster, and i was going to dump him after the trade to pick up someone better off the free agent wire anyway.

sheesh, you people.
So then in essence with Pennington's career over, you're saying the trade was actually straight up Willie Parker, now a bench warmer, for Daunte Culpepper...yeah thats equity.

Hewson said:
So then in essence with Pennington's career over, you're saying the trade was actually straight up Willie Parker, now a bench warmer, for Daunte Culpepper...yeah thats equity.

i made the offer the week before pennington was hurt, you didnt check it until after that though

i finally get a rb i can live with....
(davenport- gb)

and he breaks his ankle... gone for the season. 1 start.
:huh:

again, i ask you ladies & gentlemen...
WTF?

Back
Top Bottom