Is it time for the InterferenceFootballLeague (IFL) yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the online LIVE draft is currently scheduled for august 31st at 6:15pm EST...

if you cannot participate, or don't want to participate, in the live draft, simply pre-rank your players and the computer will draft for you, just like it would in an auto-draft.

it's the best of both worlds... live draft for those who want to be there, auto for those with lives.

:up:

i agree with the live draft. :up:

20 teams is a lot and it just means talent is going to be EXTREMLY thin. ive been in a 20 team league before ,you just have to pay a lot of attention and scour the waiver wire a lot for whomevers hot lately.

Headache, please reconsider switching away from a live draft. People posted some pretty valid reasons about why it's unfair earlier on in the thread.

I disagree.

When you draft live, you are able to fill spots according to what you can see that you need. If all you have are prerankings, you just get the best available whether it's what you need (according to what the computer has already drafted for you) or not. Besides, with 20 players, pickings will be slim and no one can prerank enough players to go the distance for such a large draft.

For those of us who have jobs and live in the Central, Mountain, and West Coast time zones, we don't even get the CHANCE to participate in the draft because it starts at 5, 4 or 3. People are either working or driving home.

I don't see why people would be opposed to making sure it's a fair start for everybody.

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:

I don't see why people would be opposed to making sure it's a fair start for everybody.

Indeed.

I believe the majority of the people agreed with Heartland here.

I really feel that a CLEAR advantage would go to the three or four individuals that would be at the live draft. No matter how well you pre-rank....it is better to be there and see the quality that is left.

Again, if you go back in this thread, it seems as if the majority wanted the auto-draft.

HeartlandGirl said:
I disagree.

When you draft live, you are able to fill spots according to what you can see that you need. If all you have are prerankings, you just get the best available whether it's what you need (according to what the computer has already drafted for you) or not. Besides, with 20 players, pickings will be slim and no one can prerank enough players to go the distance for such a large draft.

For those of us who have jobs and live in the Central, Mountain, and West Coast time zones, we don't even get the CHANCE to participate in the draft because it starts at 5, 4 or 3. People are either working or driving home.

Well said.

what day and what time? :confused:

*representing the westside*

snoop-doggy-dog.jpg

I've still gotta vote auto on behalf of myself, my sister, and u2popmofo. Arizona doesn't have daylight savings time, so for all intents and purposes, I am on West Coast time. Not to mention I am coaching football and not getting home until very late in the evening. My sister also has a 45 mile commute, plus picking her son up at school. It is impossible for either of us to participate, no matter what time it is. It's gonna be too late for some, too early for others.

So there's three votes for auto right there. I don't care if auto drafts are for losers. I want a fair league with a fair beginning.

I'm not even in this league but you have to go with the live draft. Skip work, do whatever it takes. It's fantasy football, your job can wait. Plus it's a lot more fun to make fun of a person when they take Marc Bulger in the 2nd round.

Actually, it is:

me, heartland, Hewson, JessicaAnn, WHA for auto (right now)

Chiz, Headache, DaveC and STLElevation for Live.

Hardly a quorum, but the voices not heard would probably be pissed if suddenly there are four teams that are CLEARLY better than the others due to the live draft.

A suggestion to the Live drafters...is this the only league you are in? What I am saying is, LIVE might work for a few of your buddies, but we are talking about 20 people spread all over North America...I believe we are in five different time zones with very different schedules.

If we do a live draft, I am going to DEMAND, that it fits specifically into my schedule (and I encourage everyone demand it). If it doesn't, I say we do Auto. And I think that should be the same for everyone. The current live schedule doesn't work for me.

zonelistener said:
Actually, it is:

me, heartland, Hewson, JessicaAnn, WHA for auto (right now)

Don't forget to add mofo and my sister to the list.

Skip work, do whatever it takes? I don't think telling 25 kids that football practice is cancelled because their coach has to go draft her fantasy football team is a good idea. That's not gonna fly with the kids, my athletic director, or my boss. I prefer coaching a real team, but that doesn't mean my fantasy team should get the shaft.

I'll be playing Firestone, where Tiger just won the NEC tourney last week, that day. Needless to say I am not going to give that up to be in front of my computer for a FF draft. So, I guess I'm for autodraft.

randhail said:
Plus it's a lot more fun to make fun of a person when they take Marc Bulger in the 2nd round.
In a live draft, "Pick" won't make it to the 2nd round cause Chizip will snatch him up in round 1. I mean c'mon Chizip even thinks Mike Martz is a genius.

Once again: Auto

Chizip said:

that would be a steal :drool:

you just like saying bulger... hehe... bulge-r...

i despise autodrafts with all my heart... but it appears as if that's what we might switch to. i'm not sold on that yet... because frankly, if you just take some time out to sit down and do a good job of pre-ranking, then it makes no difference wether you're there or not. and i don't mean two minutes... i mean a good half hour to an hour going through the players on the list. after all, a live draft would take up to an hour to complete...

so while i'm teatering towards switching to an autodraft, for now... it's staying live.

the tentative time for the live draft is now september 1st at 10:15pm eastern time... which gives everyone on the west coast time to get home from work, eat dinner, shower, take a shit, watch sportscenter and still get in front of the computer in time to draft. for now, it's staying that way.

Last edited:
i thought live draft worked really well for fantasy baseball and it really hasnt put anyone at a disadvantage :shrug:

Chizip said:
i thought live draft worked really well for fantasy baseball and it really hasnt put anyone at a disadvantage :shrug:

yeah, i'm just kicking everyone's azz! :)

Back
Top Bottom