Is it time for the InterferenceFootballLeague (IFL) yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Due to the enthusiasm and moxie of several newcomers, I will step aside and save my time for hockey (and life, of course)... it's only fair to the folks who are waiting.

For a great show of persistence, in my place I nominate... inmyplace.

:sexywink:

~resignation

Last edited:
I'm signed up and good to go. My sister's e-mail address is not working :| so give me a day or two to call her and then get her signed up.

And yes, I'm voting for automatic draft.

zonelistener said:
Headache...:angry:

Change the draft...right now its "live" - meaning we can "be there"

Make it automatic

the way a live draft works is very simple... those who can be there draft their players... those who can't be there have their players drafted from their pre-made list, the exact same way it would be done if it were set to auto.

we tried it in fantasy baseball and it worked very well. thus i figured we'd give it a shot in football. but if people don't really want it, i'll switch to auto... but we have plenty of time to figure that out.

I like the live draft. If you can't be there it'll still draft for you according to your pre-rankings so it's not like you have no choice on players.

yes , live draft is good. if youre not there, its the same as an auto draft, just prerank your players.

i think i brought up that idea last year and got immediately shot down though :wink:

and again for the 2nd straight year (only to get shot down again, i know), i suggest making the championship game in week 16, not week 17 because of teams that do not play their stars that have clinched playoff spots in week 17.

I think the live draft benefits people who are able to be there in that they are able to know who they've got and what they need already before making their next pick. I'm on West Coast time, so the draft for me starts at 2:45 pm on a Wednesday. There's no way I could participate because I'll be at work.

Just pleading my case for why I prefer an auto draft.

I agree with Heartlandgirl...I think it gives people who are there an advantage. 5:45 on a wed. does not work for me...and I would WANT the advantage of seeing who is available compared to what I have drafted. I always pre-rank...but there is a TRUE advantage and unfair (if you can't be there) to being there.

Even the playing field from the beginning...do an auto draft rather than live draft.

Secondly...I think because there is no cash on the line...just braggin rights...we should have the championship in week 17.

Why?

A few reasons...The championship only involves TWO members of the league. Let's let everyone have an extra week (to be potentially FURTHER humiliated - as is usually the case for me) for everyone, rather than for the few (or two). Second, if you are a GOOD manager...you should have no fear of a few starters "being rested" - not all stars will be playoff bound, right?

Finally...again, if you lose the championship...what are you ACTUALLY losing? A bonus? A ring? A new car? An upped post count or free Premium membership? NO...so who cares.

:D

Hey, y'all. I talked to my sister Sara tonight and she is very excited for the season! She said she'll try to get signed up tomorrow. She also votes for auto draft because she has limited Internet access and would not be home from work in time, so she wouldn't be able to participate in a live draft.

Last edited:
I vote autodraft.
And as much as the week 16 championship makes sense, it also leaves nothing to do in week 17.
So I vote week 17, just hope your stars are on nonplayoff teams.:wink:

Hewson said:
Bust it is then. :wink:

Thanks again for Corey Dillon.
How's that trade working out in the 'Nati?

Still glad hes gone. We got a future Pro Bowl safety out of the deal and Rudi had quite a year himself.

if there's room for a newbie, please allow me to beat all of you.

btw, barring any major injuries.....
Bengals take AFC North. Pats take it all.

Chzip - ?
Headache - IN
ElvisPresley - IN
Popmofo - IN?
HeartlandGirl - IN
WildHoneyAlways - IN
U2me3 - ?
ZonEE - IN
Cujo - OUT...but has sold his rights to IMP13
Hewson - IN
DaveC - IN
STLelevation - IN
HeartlandGirl's sister - IN
JessicaAnn - IN
NBCrusader - ?
Dreadsox - ?

Waitlist:

Mikal
ZumanityLV

Last edited:
DaveC said:

The Eagles would be lost without him.

much like in the super bowl? :shh:

if for nothing else you did create the greatest thread ever in interference history out of it, so take some solice in the loss.:wink:

T.O. will never wear a ring. he has no concept of teamwork.

even with the off-season lossses ( which are too numerous to mention), my pats will still take the afc. it's a Team effort.

gotta love em. excuse the :rant:

zonelistener said:
Chzip - ?
Headache - IN
ElvisPresley - IN
Popmofo - IN?
HeartlandGirl - IN
WildHoneyAlways - IN
U2me3 - ?
ZonEE - IN
Hewson - IN
DaveC - IN
STLelevation - IN
JessicaAnn - IN
NBCrusader - ?
Dreadsox - ?

Waitlist:

Mikal
ZumanityLV

UHH ZONEY...you forgot me...I was in last year

unless you forgot your crushing defeats at my hands

bwahahahahhahahaha

and I've signed up as well

All my defeats were crushing. :down:

Chizip - ?
Headache - IN
ElvisPresley - IN
Popmofo - IN
HeartlandGirl - IN
WildHoneyAlways - IN
U2me3 - IN
ZonEE - IN
Hewson - IN
DaveC - IN
STLelevation - IN
JessicaAnn - IN
NBCrusader - IN
Dreadsox - IN
Arun - IN

Waitlist:

Mikal
ZumanityLV

I will e-mail Chiz...I know he hasn't been around here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom