Is it Something in the Water? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 PM
I have to agree too, I seem to like bands from the UK more than the US, I don't know what it is but something attracts me to them more.

I mean if you look at my last.fm top 20, 9 are British, 6 are Irish, 4 are American, and 1 is Canadian. Well all the Irish bands can be explained with the simple fact that I am Irish

Old 12-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #17
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
You do have Silverchair who has made a little comeback They are from Australia... right?
Yep, as bm2002 said, they're Aussies, from Newcastle (that'd be our one in NSW, not England's one upon Tyne). I've never really thought much of them despite the acclaim they seem to receive. Though they leave Powderfinger for dead, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishteen
Well all the Irish bands can be explained with the simple fact that I am Irish
With a screen name like yours, whoever would've guessed!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

With a screen name like yours, whoever would've guessed!
Come on we all know people look at avatars and not screen names
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yep, as bm2002 said, they're Aussies, from Newcastle (that'd be our one in NSW, not England's one upon Tyne). I've never really thought much of them despite the acclaim they seem to receive.
Silverchair are great....but not that great...like not....cleaning up the Aria Awards good....I guess that goes to show how meaningless award shows are.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #20
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Come on we all know people look at avatars and not screen names
Does that mean that I am New Zealand?

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
Silverchair are great....but not that great...like not....cleaning up the Aria Awards good....I guess that goes to show how meaningless award shows are.
How soon you forget. It's not called the ARIA Awards any more; it's now the Silverchair Awards. They're perfectly justified in cleaning it up!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Wait are you telling me you're not? Well there's my entire perception of you completely destroyed
Old 12-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #22
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Wait are you telling me you're not? Well there's my entire perception of you completely destroyed
I'm not a geographic entity, unfortunately.

I even have Australian citizenship these days.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

How soon you forget. It's not called the ARIA Awards any more; it's now the Silverchair Awards. They're perfectly justified in cleaning it up!

And Next Year It Will be the Delta Goodrem Awards.....
Old 12-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #24
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

And Next Year It Will be the Delta Goodrem Awards.....
If there is an award Our Delta has not won, it shall be either awarded to her or banished from all existence!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #25
45:33

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
The current Melbourne rock scene seems to be saturated in all-been-done post-new-wave-commercial-punk like Kisschasy, Something With Numbers and Bodyjar....a real shame really, after Motor Ace showed such promise around about the turn of the this decade....

When Aussie rock radio is resorting to overhyping someone like Thirsty Merc, you know something is severely wrong down under.....

Our pop/dance is ok though......Kylie is a saving grace
2 Hearts

I hate the ARIA awards as well. There's about three arists each year who win everything. This year it was Silverchair. Last year it was Missy Higgins. Year before? Ben Lee. Powderfinger, Delta Goodrem...

and then there's the annual artist-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-but-wins-all-the-backseat-awards.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04

2 Hearts

I hate the ARIA awards as well. There's about three arists each year who win everything. This year it was Silverchair. Last year it was Missy Higgins. Year before? Ben Lee. Powderfinger, Delta Goodrem...

and then there's the annual artist-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-but-wins-all-the-backseat-awards.
At least one good thing came out of the Arias This year, and that was Sarah Blasko (aka the less commercial ...and sometimes better version of Missy Higgins) got awarded best female pop Artist , or album or something...either way....Way to go Sarah!

Though the previous year...I just had to laugh with all the hype about Wolfmother.....who had been around for almost a year before last years Arias, and they won so much off the back of one song.....when there's practically an album full of great songs on the rest of the album.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #27
Vocal parasite

Whenever Wolfmother win an award, it really should just be passed on to the surviving members of Led Zeppelin and Queen.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 12-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Whenever Wolfmother win an award, it really should just be passed on to the surviving members of Led Zeppelin and Queen.
Unlike how People say Every Oasis song sounds just like the Beatles (I still don't understand the similarities...apart from both bands are British)

Wolfmother on the other hand, sometimes I wonder....are Led Zeppelin getting royalties for this??.....So I agree with you there....as much as I Like(d) Wolfmother.....its a very on and off relationship we have!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:37 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Re: Is it Something in the Water?

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
Arctic Monkeys--no one can resist the toe-tapping tongue-twisters rattled off by these freezin' chimpanzies.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #30
45:33

Quote:
While I do like Wolfmother, I have to wholeheartedly agree with that.

Another thing I hate about the Arias is that most acts are winning awards and it's been like two years since the album was released and everyone has forgteen. Like Delta will win about six awards next year, but the album will be a year old.