Is it just me or is I Might Be Wrong (the live album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The version of I Might Be Wrong does sound poorly recorded to me. It seems much more quiet than the rest of the songs on the cd. That's my only complaint.

Well, I actually think that the entire album is not as perfectly recorded as I'd like it to be... U2 live songs (Rattle and Hum) seem much better to me. The Radiohead recordings have Thom's voice as the loudest, and seems like it was recorded amidst the audience. Ah well. It's a nice compilation anyway; I like Spinning Plates and True Love Waits the best.

foray

I love this live album!!!!

Everything in its Right Place just goes on and on. I wish it would go on forever...for real.
Maybe I get it played at my funeral. heh

Spinning Plates is :drool: :drool: :drool:
True Love Waits is great but has anyone here heard the live version when this keyboard or some weird sound comes in half way through
it is completely perfect! they should have put that one on there

Basstrap said:

True Love Waits is great but has anyone here heard the live version when this keyboard or some weird sound comes in half way through

yes, i have a version of it like that from waaaaaaaaaay back in 1995! its a really old song actually.

i actually think the album is too quite, but the sound is good... ?

i might be wrong, is actually probably the best recorded song on there, imo.

national anthem is too quite. the beginning needs to be more in your face, like the bootlegs i have show what they can do.

morning bell - the guitar solo after the second verse is far too muddled, that needs to be louder.

dollars and cents - the rythm section could not possibly be loud enough on this song. phil and colin totally make this song come alive.

Basstrap said:

I completely agree. I downloaded that version of True Love Waits off of Kazaa, lovely downloading program that is. It doesn't sound like it's from 1995 (Thom's voice), so it might not be the one deathbear has... But it does have that keyboard-computer-ish (like the end of Let Down) sound in the last few minutes of the song.

Ed is the only one that sung backup, I thought... I've never really heard his voice (other than a live Paranoid Android + Idioteque video I have).

Back
Top Bottom