is it just me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
or did nbc's macy's thanksgiving parade really suck? i was watching it for at least an hour (i got up early like i do every thanksgiving just to watch the parade) and the only time they showed any floats/balloons was when they were coming to or from commercials! :mad:

all they did was show stupid people singing broadway songs. that's great and all, but i thought this was supposed to be a thanksgiving parade, not an advertisement for new york and the broadway musicals!

so i switched to cbs which appeared to also be showing the same parade, but from a different angle. at least they showed the floats. they made me miss snoopy. :mad: well i didn't technically miss him, but nbc showed him as they were going to commercial so their stupid logo was covering him up.

did anyone watch the entire nbc parade? if so, did they ever show any floats when they weren't going to or from a commercial? i'm seriously considering writing a complaint to nbc, because even my mom thought this was awful.

the joy of watching parades when i was younger has really been hampered the last couple of years as i realize the only reason parades even exist is for pure advertising purposes. :S

macy's parade sucks arse.

I'm scared of that huge dancing group.
You know, the one with bright sweaters on......with white gloves.
They spread a message of love and peace.....ughh...gives me the creeps:angry:

I always love to watch the Macy's parade...

I didn't get to watch all of it this morning, but what I saw of it I thought was good, of course I was watching on cbs too, so I guess it just depends on what station you're watching...

Maybe I'm just partial to the Macy's parade because my brother lives in NYC and I've been to the parade in person 2 or 3 times :shrug:

I was actually just thinking this morning while I was watching it that it would be fun to be in the parade sometime

Re: macy's parade sucks arse.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
I'm scared of that huge dancing group.
You know, the one with bright sweaters on......with white gloves.
They spread a message of love and peace.....ughh...gives me the creeps:angry:
If it was the ppl with the yellow sweaters on, they scared the shit out of me this morning and I swear I was telling another msg. board how frightening they were.

There was a dog show on after the parade, so that made it all worth it in the end, I didn't know it was on and had I not been captivated by Al Rokers weight loss I might have missed it following the parade.

I swore I wouldn't watch it after last year...it's just lame pop-groups lip singing and marching bands! There's too many marching bands and they all sound the same. "The Centaur High School Band from Leadville, Colorado is playing "Come What May" From Moulin Rouge" and it's "Bawh, bawh, boom boom, tweet!"
:p I miss the floats and balloons.

Elisabeth

Back
Top Bottom