Is it just me....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scary??

I watched the first period Sweden-USA yesterday and almost hid in embarassment. I know I shouldn't but it was just so lame, slow and amateurish. Not many passes found the right destination. It was too much difference between the teams. But I'm proud that Sweden didn't loose with more then four goals and that thanks to our 15 year old (!!) goalkeeper who did a marvelous job.
smile.gif

What I also noticed was that alot of them had really long hair, just put together easily. How about a hairfight?? LOL

No, I won't make any more fun of them, I actually do think women who play hockey is cool.
smile.gif

oh the female hockey players are very cool and bravo to them. but there is a valid question as to whether or not it should be an olympic event because two teams are head and shoulders above the rest-canada and the U.S. yesterday's results suggest otherwise, sweden sticking close to the states and canada coming from behind to beat finland. i don't think it should neccessarily be relegated as some have suggested but more should be done to encourage other nations to develop their program.

------------------
don't.

Cheers to the Americans and Canadian teams, and don't knock there play! I think it's great to see women's hockey growing as fast as it is here in America. And the woman and not scary looking, jeez.

The problem with growth of the sport may be ice time. Ice arenas are way more abundant in parts of our country. You probably won't see too many hockey players come out of, say, Alabama, where ice rinks are few and far between. Different story in Minnesota, Michigan and Massachusetts (where the majority of these women are from).

I would bet that this is also the case throughout the world.

Cheers to equal opportunity for both genders.

Back
Top Bottom