Is it hard getting tickets everywhere or is it just here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2valleygirl

Refugee
It seems everything in LA is always sold out. Even bands that are not too main sream. If you are not right on top of things , they get sold out. Snow Patrol sold out more than two/three weeks before performance. As did The Killers Shows. My husband and I went to Vegas for one day to see a Killer show because they were sold out here.

Is it like this everywhere or is it just here? Also, if a concert is sold out at a small venue and you just go there are your chances of getting tickets pretty slim? What has been you experience?

it's usually my experience that the shows you don't think will sell out, do, and the ones you expect will, don't.

u2valleygirl said:

Is it like this everywhere or is it just here? Also, if a concert is sold out at a small venue and you just go there are your chances of getting tickets pretty slim? What has been you experience?

Not many shows sell out here. We get a lot of good bands but I dunno, people are too apathetic to go or something. :down:

At a small venue, chanes of getting a ticket to a sold out show is slim to none. Sometimes people get in after the shows has started if they just wait around outside though. :shrug:

So, if a big concert (sayU2) were to tour...would it be easier to get better tickets in a smaller city i.e. Lexington, KY versus a huge city i.e. LA, or Chicago etc. where they were playing for three nights?

Re: Re: Is it hard getting tickets everywhere or is it just here?

neutral said:

Not many shows sell out here. We get a lot of good bands but I dunno, people are too apathetic to go or something. :down:

At a small venue, chanes of getting a ticket to a sold out show is slim to none. Sometimes people get in after the shows has started if they just wait around outside though. :shrug:

you've got the beer olympics happening down there mid-october. something i'd kill to go to...i'm almost 100% positive no one on this site cares, yet i thought i'd mention it anyway.

I was promised to have my name put on the guest list for my favorite band for their next several shows...unfortunately those shows will be in AUSTRALIA!!! Hell of a lot of good THAT does me! Ah, well, maybe they'll come back here sometime.

I never have problems getting tickets to shows I want to see cause no one else likes the bands I like.

I l ive in Vancouver and the market sometimes disappoints me 'cause the shows that should be sold out don't. Sold out shows release tickets the day of so I have never had a real problem and I use brokers when I can 'cause I can't access the net at work when tickets go on sale and I am not a member of every single fan club out there (I like a lot of different types of music).

i usually son't have too much of a proble. and a lot of times i get pre-slaes either through the band or local radio stations.

i'm kinda scared about U2 too. :ohmy:

It can be difficult here in Scotland too. A lot of bands only play in Glasgow. I wanted to go and see Keane and Snow Patrol, but all the dates sold out really quickly (and I didn't get an email about the extra SP date presale until after it had happened:madspit: )

I could buy a pair of Keane tickets off of ebay for £80, but I can't afford it and it's against my principles (ha! who knew I had any). They were only £13 each, so that's a hell of a mark up someone's making. Touts:mad:

Back
Top Bottom