Is it better to work with women or men?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easier to work with

• Men

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Women

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
:hmm:

Sometimes with women you get drama, and with guys you get childish behavior, even from older men.

Go figure.

Women are infinitely more fun to sexually harass. I'll go with them.

I have to say Women. :up:

My boss is a woman and she let's me do whatever I need to do.
She's so-ooo cool to work for ... because she doesn't harrass and she gives me my space.
She also knows I'm gonna get my work done everyday without fail and in a timely manner for our company.
So her just letting me do my job is the BEST thing she can do to have me succeed. :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:
I've always preferred working with men. Waaaaay less drama and crap.

I'm sorry to say, but I've generally found this true as well.

Bono's American Wife said:
I've always preferred working with men. Waaaaay less drama and crap.

I totally concur. In fact I concur to the nth degree. In my experience, they spend most of the time talking about non-work related stuff, they've broken down in tears because their housemate is given them grief, they swear profusely, they backchat about every single person they come into contact with, they dress suggestively if they're having problems with their other half at home,.................. I mean come on!!!

I'm the only woman on my team at work and have been since I started (4 years ago). There are other women other places in the department. I wouldn't have it any other way. There is no drama, none, at least not on our team. The men are more honest, tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves, and just aren't as malicious as women can be. The only incidents I've experienced where I've been judged unfairly based on gender has been from our clients, not from my co-workers.

I'm a pretty independent person and I have just a few close friends. For me, work is not a social event, so I don't need women I can relate to or vent to. At work, I want to work. The men I work with get the job done. We get along well at work, but don't need to be each other's best friends.

the rockin edge said:
it depends on each person.

but i've never had the desire to punch a girl at work, where as guys...

Yeah, it totally depends on the person. But I do wanna punch my (male) boss and 'princess' secretary in the face. :happy:

I think there are pros and cons to both, although, I prefer working with men overall. Women tend to be more catty (men can be, but it seems to be more rare) and way more dramatic. Guys are usually more lighthearted, laid back, and less temperamental. Guys tend to be less organized and messy, in my experience. Women, as someone pointed out, seem to be a little more understanding. But, really, it does depend on the person.

I prefer to work with men as well. And in my experience, they are easier to get along with in positions of authority than women.

When talking about school, I would usually prefer to work with women because they are more reliable and better about dividing up the work equitably and contributing to the group.

inmyplace13 said:
Women are infinitely more fun to sexually harass. I'll go with them.

:tsk: I've found it waaaay easier to sexually harass men. They don't ever expect it. :flirt:

My department is mostly men. I'm the youngest woman by 25 years. We refer to our office as "The Locker Room." We have too much fun at work. The things said in the office should never be repeated. Ever.
I really enjoy working with men. I have one close female friend who is technically in the English department but we claim her as one of our own since she loves the childish behavior as much as we do. I think my male coworkers secretly like the fact that there are only 2 of us girls. :D

I do work with one complete douchebag. He is the most arrogant prick I have ever met. He's a one-upper. He thinks he knows it all and I've made it clear that I think he's full of horseshit. When he first started he tried to talk down to me about football, as if I was some stupid girl who only likes a team b/c of the colors or whatever. :angry:

Last edited:
anitram said:
I
When talking about school, I would usually prefer to work with women because they are more reliable and better about dividing up the work equitably and contributing to the group.

I agree 100%. When curriculum work has to get done 99% of the time the women in my department get it done.

WildHoneyAlways said:

:tsk: I've found it waaaay easier to sexually harass men. They don't ever expect it. :flirt:

I said more fun, not easier. :sexywink:

Women. Then again, my only co-workers who aren't superiors are 99.9% women. That said, I like having male bosses better than female bosses. It isn't because I can't handle taking orders from other women, or that I need a man to "direct me"; I've just found in my work experiences I've respected my male bosses more than my female ones. The female ones were always on a power trip or there was heavy drama. :down:

I went to an all girls high school and there was very little bitchiness. Now I work in a fabric store with around 10 women, 0 men. After 9 years we all get along fabulously. Although we do tend to go a bit funny when a hot guy comes into the store.

angelordevil said:
I love stereotypes! :love:

redhotswami said:

ya srsly wtf! :tsk:
sexism isn't going anywhere, is it?

Would you rather we lie and say "oh yeah! In my experience working with and for women is just wonderful!!!" when in fact it more often than not sucked? :shrug:

redhotswami said:

ya srsly wtf! :tsk:
sexism isn't going anywhere, is it?

You can argue that there are some stereotypes in how we view coworkers or bosses.

But on this thread it seems that most people are replying based on their own life experience.

originally posted by Bono's Shades
I've worked with backbiting nasty people and perfectly lovely people of both sexes. I don't think gender makes a bit of difference.

I agree. Girls can be catty, but guys can be the most vicious, especially when they feel their ego is on the line.

Back
Top Bottom