is geddy lee the greatest singer of all time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
geddy4.jpg

Geddy_Lee_125.jpg

"oh no!" you cry.

yes, friends...yes. the dreadest question, after making its rounds around the internet, has finally arrived at the interference message board.

is geddy lee the greatest singer of all time?

it has been my experience that people generally agree that he is, but for every 300 people that say he is, 1 says he's only second or third best. and it hurts them to say it. they know geddy is tremendously talented, but they allow their personal tastes to get in the way.

i think it's pretty obvious that i enjoy the sweet vocal stylings of our dear friend geddy. i mean look at him. a little eye candy never hurt a cause now has it? :sexywink:

so the question is simple: is geddy lee the greatest singer of all time? if yes, why? if no, why not?

that new cover of theirs is a very ugly piece of work

summer something

i think if you are judging straight up vocals ... the range/tone/volume of opera singers is unmatched. if you're going rock and roll...i say he's good...but there are better. bono (of course i'm going to say that!) and peter gabriel come to mind...

He's a rush of blood to any working man's head.

~vapour trailer

i've made up my mind ladies and gentlemen.

interested in what i have to say?

ofcourse you are. *audience sighs in comfort, realizing their hero will grant them what they all came for in the first place: his ever important opinion.

geddy lee, without question, is the most supernaturally gifted singer of this or any other century. his vocals destroy any genre barriers that exist in rock music, and spits them out with the grace of a hummingbird sipping on neck hair.

my friends, my friends...what we are talking about here is the revolution of song. geddy lee is to music, entertainment, and indeed humanity, what george bush is to republicans, wayne gretzky is to hockey, and most importantly, what i am to message boarders across the world.

modestly yours,

xox

I hope there is some heavy sarcasm going on here or I am scared.

"Subdivisions. In the shopping malls. In the backs of cars. Be cool or be cast out."

if you think i'm sarcastic...well, i guess you think i'm sarcastic.

please post your favourite geddy lee pictures in here. thanks.

quit complaining, and start posting your favourite geddy lee pictures.

i don't remember asking, i remember telling.

I sorry to have to tell you bro but he sucks & is one of the worst singer ever. Sound like dogcrap friend. :shocked: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Best bass player ever.

No other names come to mind folks.

not only is he perhaps the best player of all time, he's also got the best voice of all time, like i've been repeating like a broken record for the past two days.

people will remember geddy as being the most important musician ever.

BSP 77 that is the very song that went through my mind when i looked at this thread...
how bizarre!

I think he's a fine singer- there are so many fine singers that come from canada- other canadian bands that i liked in the 80's
Triumph- I thought they were super.
tragically hip is fucking cool too!
sarah maclachlan......she is angelic.
alanis and that other little girl who sorta reminds me of her....avril
they can sing very well.
the kids in the hall...
canadians put out some good stuff man!
britney- who cant sing live is such an embarassment. and we really put her up on a pedestal...what a shame

yeah i know- me and my youngone tried to watch a concert of hers on MTv or Vh1 and shes makes all these faces and adjusts her headset and shes not even singing...i felt embarassed for her.

Degrassi Jr High is Canadian !!!! that show ROCKED!

rocked yes...but nowhere close to the way geddy lee rocks my heart and soul with his beautiful soprano voice.

the thing about geddy lee is his voice. the way he sings, and the sounds he makes.

the sounds......
......................yes...

the sighs and the grunting....; ) the beeping and the gurgling

just kiddin'

are you serious ? do ya like him that much or are ya just being silly?

because im really serious about degrassi junior high....cuz when i first saw that guy joey on the show i really fell for him although i was old enough to be his ...um much older sister ...

Back
Top Bottom