Is drinking a turn-off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*BOOMCHAA!*

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Whenever you see someone of the opposite sex drinking alcohol, what do you think?
Is it a major turnoff?
Does it change your attraction?
and what about seeing that person drunk?
I'd like to hear from both genders on this.
DISCUSS.:angry:

drunk people are goobers. i laugh at them all. the funny drunks i laugh at of course, and the sad drunks i laugh at because they're being patchetic. and the mean drunks i laugh at because they're acting retarded, well so long as they're not trying to kill me (which has never happened).

my husband is a funny drunk, he is a total goober when he's drunk. last time it happened i was trying not to laugh at him. oh, and i'm a funny drunk too and he was laughing at me (we were not drunk at the same time).

I guess I just don't think that drunkeness and sexiness go hand in hand. It doesn't turn me on or off.

That opinion may change when I'm drunk though. :D

The worst are the Funny/Mean drunks. You'll be laughing your ass off about something with them, then all of a sudden, you get punched in the nose. Sheesh.

there is nothing sexier than a man who can hold his liquor.
i don't think it's sexy when a man orders a fancy cocktail.
men who know and appreciate good beer are keepers.
i am seriously, seriously attracted to men who drink straight whiskey.

Casual drinking. One or two beers/glasses of wine. Relaxed setting. Maybe at dinner.....NO PROBLEMS.

I may be unattracted to a stumbling, fall-down drunk....mainly because they are probably upstaging my drunkness. joking, really.

I don't find it attractive in the least, in reality, unless I am not too far behind them. I just don't want to have to clean up or support someone in that stage of consumption. And, at the same time, I rather not have them try and support me.

I have no problem with a man who likes to drink as long as he can hold his liquor. I think happy/emotional drunks are hilarious but as soon as they turn into angry drunks, I'm out of there. I also hate it when guys go beyond a nice buzz and insist that you dance with them or have another drink.

On the other hand, I know I have been a very annoying drunk a few times in my life and I can't see how any man would find that the least bit attractive. :reject:

bonosgirl84 said:
there is nothing sexier than a man who can hold his liquor.
i don't think it's sexy when a man orders a fancy cocktail.
men who know and appreciate good beer are keepers.
i am seriously, seriously attracted to men who drink straight whiskey.

*note to self, take up drinking whiskey sans the cola...

seriously, "regular drinkers" kinda turn me off.

binge drinkers like myself are major turn-ons (especially after I have binge drinked, uh drank...)

I am completely turned off by drunken behavior (a couple of drinks to relax is one thing, getting drunk is another). Alcohol can transform some people's personality into something I truly cannot bear to be around. I'd much rather be around stoners (if I have to choose). Heavy drinking completely grosses me out.

I don't mind it when a guy drinks once in a while. I go to a party school, so I do the F.A.C. every now and then too. I just get irritated with the people who without fail center their whole weekend Thurs-Sun on drinking/bar hopping/hooking up, etc. It's been my experience that these guys are the most bland, conceited, unintelligent, unoriginal sheep ever.

:|

Bono's American Wife said:
I have no problem with a man who likes to drink as long as he can hold his liquor. I think happy/emotional drunks are hilarious but as soon as they turn into angry drunks, I'm out of there. I also hate it when guys go beyond a nice buzz and insist that you dance with them or have another drink.

:yes:

I must have been drinking, cause it looks like everyone has the same avatar.

I hope I don't become a pod person :down:

people who cannot hold their liquor male or female are major turn offs, especially those who cannot stand up or see straight. it is not a turn on when a guy walks up to you and tells you that "you are soooo puddy. :drunk: *hiccup*"and almost falls down after he tells you this.

Last edited:
I don't mind casual drinking either. But I am turned off by people who are constantly getting drunk or brag about being drunk or go out drinking every weekend, etc., just for the sake of getting drunk. I just don't see the point in it...you end up feeling horrible, sometimes doing stupid things, and have a hang over the next day. :tsk: I'm not talking about the people who only once in a while get drunk cuz they had a little too much too drink. :drunk:

daafish said:

hi Mr. Fishy! :wave:

GMTA

cujo said:
I must have been drinking, cause it looks like everyone has the same avatar.

I was thinking the same thing...either that or it's a Sicy appreciation thread ??? ::checking my icon::

I don't mind an occasional drink, but it isn't how I live my life...or even a few beers a few good friends and some great conversation and karioke for silliness "social drinking". Silly I am, dumb blind drunk I am not into.

I like a man that can hold his beer..not a stumbling drunk that wants me to "help him" (why would I help you if you can't help yourself...what are you going to do for me?)..and what I think when I see someone half in the bag is that they are best off supported by someone else, not me. I am also not impressed by someone who can consume large amounts of alcohol and denies that they are plowed...I HATE an angry drunk. Not my style and not my taste...(if this type asks for your number do them a service and give them one for the local taxi cab or free ride for drunks if you know it.):eyebrow:

I have always been upset and certainly not turned on by guys who drink. Grow up in a house with an alcoholic and you learn that it isn't sexy at all. I don't even care for casual beer drinking, but I can tolerate people having a glass of wine with dinner, since it's more about the taste than the alcohol. The smell of alcohol on a guy's breath just really bothers me.

Having a drink or two with a guy s fun and yeah, attractive. (Probably because no guy has asked me out for drinks. :mad:)

But the biggest turn-off for me is drinking because oh look, we're somewhere and now we must get drunk. A sporting event, a concert, the Renaissance Faire, you name it. That pisses me off and is a major turn off. I would instantly dump a guy who did that.

That's not to say that one or two beers at a game would bother me. It's enjoyable and I can see that it's part of the sports atmosphere. It is when you absolutely *need* to get drunk at the event that I can't stand--especially at something like a concert. What's the point of spending the money on tickets if you're going to get so hammered you can't even remember where you were the next day? :shrug: Stay home and listen to the CD.

Ok, that turned into a mini-rant, bu I think you see my point.

Back
Top Bottom