Is Def Leppard breaking up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream wanderer

Acrobat
Ok...my husband was at this meeting tonight where he was informed that Def Leppard was breaking up because their bassist had become a Chrstian? He was to say the least highly skeptical.. Has anyone heard anything about this.....:eek: :confused: I could see the bassist leaving the group if such a thing happened...but the whole band breaking up? Wouldn't they just get a new bassist?

Sounds like the beginings of a musical urban legend to me...but stranger things have happened.....:D

dream wanderer

I doubt there's any truth to that story.
They're playing a radio festival in Boston on 9-21.
I like the new single, haven't heard the album yet, too bad most radio stations won't play much of it cause they are no longer considered "cool".

Thanks...I must say this is one of the more interesting rumors I have heard....I wonder where it came from?

dream wanderer

I recently read in a Yahoo News article that Joe Elliott lead singer, lives in the same neighborhood in Dublin as Bono and Edge.

not that this has anything to do with them breaking up...:huh:

i subscribe to a couple def leppard mailing lists (one of which is for rick savage, the bassist) and no one's made any mention of this. also, there's no mention of it on their official site. :D

Well..my husband is convinced its not true and he's going to have a few words with this person...I thought this was something someone said in general conversation...apparently this person was the main speaker! :eek:

Why do people spread these rumors without checking them out:confused:

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom