Is Coldplay the Nickelback of Europe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this thread the sphincter of Interference?

I vote yes.

haha, that's great.

however, only north america could produce something as truly tragic and disgraceful as nickelback. as bland as coldplay are (and wow are they bland), nickelback is downright offensive.

Best. Thread title. Ever.

The answer is no. I think Nickelback, for all their flaws, still possess their testicles.

Or at least one of them.

The real question is, whose hair-poodle would win in a fight?

vs_getty_chad_kroeger_210.jpg
_41338232_chris_martin416ap.jpg

My god, Martin is a fucking tool.

Shit thread.

You won't be talking such crap when VLVODAAHF blows all of yer minds in a next couple of months.....

Zoomerang96 said:
however, only north america could produce something as truly tragic and disgraceful as nickelback.

It's actually much closer to home, Zoomerang. :sad: Nickelback are like last night's riots in Montreal: strange Canadian anomalies that don't really make sense, and ones you hope pass very quickly from reality to a bad memory.

intedomine said:
Shit thread.

You won't be talking such crap when VLVODAAHF blows all of yer minds in a next couple of months.....

I heard the Gin Blossoms were a heavy influence on the sound of the new album. Viva La Vida Loca indeed.

I hate Nickelback with a burning passion, but Coldplay at least have 5-8 songs that I really like listening to, the rest can meander somewhere else.

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

It's actually much closer to home, Zoomerang. :sad: Nickelback are like last night's riots in Montreal: strange Canadian anomalies that don't really make sense, and ones you hope pass very quickly from reality to a bad memory.

haha, yeah it's terrible isn't it.

canada's responsible for a lot of terrible, terrible music that has made the world suffer for years. however, at the same time, canada's done a good job coming out with a lot of fine bands as well. we all know who they are, as they're too numerous to mention.

Zoomerang96 said:
haha, that's great.

however, only north america could produce something as truly tragic and disgraceful as nickelback. as bland as coldplay are (and wow are they bland), nickelback is downright offensive.

That about sums it up.

I'd say they are more the Creed of Europe than Nickelback. Full of self importance, "sweeping" balladry and that wacky Chris Martin thinks scribbling all over his hands and wearing bracelets "with meanings!!!" makes him so like relevant and political.

Back
Top Bottom