Is Coldplay the Nickelback of Europe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
intedomine said:
VLVODAAHF

:love: this acronym!

As for the question: Err, no.

There are some Coldplay songs I really enjoy, but whenever a Nickelback song comes on - and I mean ANY of them - I just turn off the radio. They're so annoying.

elevated_u2_fan said:
why does every Coldplay thread always come down to his bad choice in haircuts?

Glass houses people, glass houses:

mullet.jpg

That was like, what, 4 years into the band's career?

How old was Bono?

Martin is old enough to know better, and besides, he's a PUSSY who now thinks he's a cool frontman.

Are you the Karl Rove of music?
If you say it enough people will believe it.
This is an insult to a great band (and I'm not talking about Nikelback)

AROBTTH is arguably the best album of the decade, nothing has come close to matching it's grace and beauty, and the album deserves all the critical and commerical claim it has recieved.

Rush of Blood is really good but I don't think it's better than Kid A, Hopes And Fears, Pearl Jam or Deadwing.

Or Sea Change, Funeral, Elephant, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Demon Days, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, All That You Can't Leave Behind, Absolution, Illinois...

...or the entire 00's output of Super Furry Animals...

...or the Sound of Silver...

Hey, let's just call it the best Coldplay album of the decade.

I'm not even sure if I'd call it that. Parachutes is a better album overall, but A Rush of Blood... has more stand-out tracks (Politik, the title track, Amsterdam). I like both albums a lot though.

If we're basing it on influence I think Kid A and Is This It are the top two albums of the decade.

My personal favorite, though, is Art Vandelay's debut entitled Importer/Exporter. That album was pure brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom