Is anyone here right into fitness and or a personal trainer? I have some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Seeing as though I do not have loads of money I thought I might post my queries here, usually interference can help with all things one needs....anyway I have finally started to get into shape, I am not overweight for my height (5'8 and I weigh 65kilos) however I do have a typically hourglass shape and as such have flabby bits on thighs and stomach which I desperatley want to get rid of, seeing as though summer is coming around so soon. So to anyone out there who is into fitness or is a personal trianer I want to know what are the most effective exercises to do to tone these areas??? now what I have been doing lately is swimming- usually about twice a week I will do a one kilometre session and every day I have been doing sit ups, wieghts for my arms, skipping and yoga. Any further recommendations and advice would be greatly appreciated:)

the only thing I can say, and it's prolly not very helpful, is that cardio & a good diet is best. specific excercises, especially like weights and stuff target the muscles in that area and help u get toned but they don't necessarily get rid of fat. so yeah things like running, biking, swimming, etc are good.

I think :D

You are definatly moving in the right direction. If you really want to target your thighs I recommend some leg lifts. You can do them along with your sit ups ever day. Start out doing 50 on each leg, next week move up to seventy, and so on a nd so forth. By the time you are at about 130 every day or so you should be fine. DO make sure that you get some good walking time in as well, you really can't unde restimate the ammount of good that does. But yeah, you seem to be doing just what you should be doing. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys, I have been doing those leg lift things- well I hope I have been doing them correctly, I have been doing the ones where you lie on your side with your legs stretched out and lift one leg up at a time, in a scissor like motion- is this correct????? and I hve been doing about 50 of them a day and yeah I know about the walking, everyone reccomends walking, but I must admit that I hate walking, but I have been doing it, yesterday afternoon I went for a walk along the beach at sunset and that was not to bad!:)

Back
Top Bottom