Is anyone else miserably bored at work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saracene

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Melbourne, Australia, some time after tea
No work and all play makes me... something something, :mad:

We've had little to no jobs for the studio for the last month or so; all four of us graphic designers are twiddling our thumbs all day. We've already exhausted all possible jobs like archiving and labelling the disks. We still feel like we have to pretend to be busy whenever the boss sails into the studio because we know he's delusional enough to complain about us doing nothing even when there's zilch all to do.

It makes me go down on my knees and thank God for the internet (not that I think He had anything to do with it, :))

Last edited:
Actually, I'm the exact opposite. I've been looking for a job for the last month or 2, and I'm so sick of not having anything to do. But I totally know what you mean, work can get so boring it hurts.

I feel your pain!

I dont know if it's me, but I always seem to get incredibly bored at my jobs, or something turns me off. My current job, not that we arent busy(we're too busy actually) - but I'm just bored out of my mind. It's the same thing day in and day out. Now that vacations are coming around, we have a nurse out on maternity leave etc... we are all expected to be picking up the slack for hours etc. I dont mind helping out and doing extra hours when I can, butI also enjoy my social life. My manager needs to bite the bullet and hire another staff RN. I'm going to at least get through the summer here, and if I still am not liking it - go elsewhere. I'm thinking something not requiring direct patient care. I need a change!

I was unemployed for 6 months and spent a lot of time bored at home, even when I had lists and lists of stuff to do. Now, I have a job but am finding it a bit boring, though it's only 3 weeks or so new. I can see how, in a few months, even though it's a terribly busy-busy-go-go job, it's gonna get boring. So now I dream of my former boring life at home.

Yes, my job gets boring. If I didn't have the Internet, I would go crazy.

I try to read or do homework, but I find it impossible to concentrate. :shrug: Also, the minute I pick up a book the phone starts to ring off the hook--go figure.

I'm not miserable though. I like it. It's quiet. Miserably bored was working at the hair salon. All there was to do was read old magazines and listen to clients and stylists talk about you. That's really a couple different kinds of misery there.

I am bored. There's plenty to do but the job is just boring. I am avoiding incoming emails and client's. and Siebel.

Thank God for the internet!

I used to be bored at work. Now I'm bored not working (well, not so much now, but I will be when we move back to London for the rest of the summer). I can only legally work part-time, and I think it'll be impossible for me to find a job anyway, so I REALLY need to find something to do. :sigh:

wow....this is so weird. i was just thinking how bored i am sitting here at work on a friday night waiting for someone to come in and i stumble across this thread.

Back
Top Bottom