Is a low IQ a prerequisite to work at Ticketmaster? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2003, 04:48 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:25 PM
haha...i feel like im getting insulted left and right. now its common sense.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:25 AM
What has people's frustrations with ticketmaster have to do with you personally?

Old 07-08-2003, 04:52 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

low iq, common sense...i used to work there.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

yeah, but you are not ticketmaster. I'm sure the criticisms have nothing to do with the quality of you as a person.

Old 07-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Yes, Icelle, I don't think any of this is directed at YOU. I know for a fact that you have common sense and that you are smart (not sure what your IQ is though ).

Old 07-08-2003, 06:54 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

SkeeK, PM me your e-mail address.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:10 PM   #22
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Actually, if you are there for an "on-sale" - this is the only way to go. It has nothing to do with "getting rid of the dirty music fans."

It pulls up the best available seat when you first walk up. The longer you wait, the less choice you have. Nevermind the people you are screwing behind you in line while you try to get a specific section. They might not even get a chance at seeing the show or sporting event if you take any longer selecting a seat.
I *know* that--and I happen to know that the concerts I have purchased tickets for at this outlet were not "on-sale." There's no line, there's no one else buying tickets for it but me and they simply don't want to deal with ticket buyers.

The "biggest" tickets I have probably bought there were for a Matchbox Twenty show--five people in line, and they made us wait outside, took our credit cards and came back with tickets. They hadn't bothered to ask if we wanted reserved or general admission and when we tried to get the reserved, it immediately became "a problem" and we gave up and left. This *is* not wanting to deal with ticket buyers and trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible. One guy was on his cellphone to Ticketmaster and instantly got better tickets than we had just received--despite the supposed "rush" the Foley's people claimed prevented them from selling us what we wanted. There's simply no excuse for that kind of service.

The one show that did apply for was U2--which I went to the Pepsi Center to buy, because I didnt *want* to deal with the Foley's people. I was one of very few people in line who had the decency *not* to stand there fussing over seats told them to just give me whatever--and the computer pulled up amazing seats for me.

So, I really don't need to be lectured on ticket buying, or be lumped into the "rude ticket buyer" catagory, thank you.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:25 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I am not sure who is lecturing here - and I don't think I directly put anyone in a "rude ticket buyer" category. Tone down on the attitude.

The "rules" that the Foleys (not sure what Foleys is...is it a local department store or grocery store?) gift wrappers (they sound like the suck) are rules for on-sales (to assure as many people get tickets quickly). And that's why I pointed out what I pointed out. Nothing in your post specified "they went on sale that day" or whatever.

I would say stop using Foleys for ticketmaster. Quick note...in order to get my Coldplay/Red Rocks tickets, I called Idaho ticketmaster...got right through, anf got pretty decent seats - in the price area I wanted.

What I HATE about Ticketmaster is the friggin fees they tack onto already expensive tickets. And that is where the root of all the hate comes from. It is an absolute rip off. Buy your tickets at the venue, if you can!!!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:29 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

I recently paid $14 for various Ticketmaster fees on top of a $58 ticket. That's simply outrageous. I wish Pearl Jam would have gotten their way back when they lead their war against Ticketmaster.

Maybe the title of the thread was poorly worded, so I apologize.

However, the Ticketmaster stories are notorious, they aren't known as TicketBastard for nothing. I never, ever line up in person, because I don't trust them at all when it comes to random draws, and besides some of them are so slow that by the time the 4th person in line is served, all you've got left are nosebleeds, if that.

I'm not even going to get into the inadequacy of their online servers.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:19 PM   #25
She's the One

Local Time: 09:25 PM
In the old days, when Sears was the only place that had TicketBastard, there were sales people that only worked in the TM booth, so they knew what the hell they were doing. But, sure as shit, you'd be waiting in line, been there since 4 am, and some twit in front of you was getting fucking camping reservations!

Oh yeah, he'd been there since 3:30 am to get the best camping reservations there first day they were available. And for some reason, camping reservations took forfuckingever to make. So you'd wait, thinking about how much higher up you were going to have to sit because this guy wanted to commune with nature and 2500 of his best camping buddies.

One time, though, and I still want to light a candle for her, the TM woman knew what was happening, and while she was showing the camping idiot what was available, she was pulling tickets for the concert out of the machine in bundles, just so we'd actually get some tickets.

I don't remember what concert that was.

Anyway, there's my TicketBastard ramble.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:55 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

I buy mine online. I won't deal with the TicketBastard people.

Melon
Old 07-09-2003, 04:16 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The problem has always been the damn monopoly. They should liberalize competition and the service would be so much better. I still do not know why no one is actually passing a law encouraging new ticket companies to start doing business and directly compete with Ticketmaster...

As long as Ticketmaster is pretty much the only one in business, service will still suck.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:23 AM   #28
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
The problem has always been the damn monopoly. They should liberalize competition and the service would be so much better. I still do not know why no one is actually passing a law encouraging new ticket companies to start doing business and directly compete with Ticketmaster...

As long as Ticketmaster is pretty much the only one in business, service will still suck.
replace ticketmaster with time warner (as in the cable company, not just the whole empire, which is a whole other can of worms) and you have a bitchfest of a thread i could start, just on my experiences in the past two weeks.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:58 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Their idea of "competition" are ticket brokers, who probably make back-handed deals with TicketBastard. That's why it seems like our concerts always sell out so quickly, while the brokers have more than enough overpriced tickets to sell us!

Fuck them...

Melon
Old 07-09-2003, 08:31 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
back-handed deals with TicketBastard.
Melon
i too have heard ticketmaster has a direct interest in some of these ticket brokers.