Irritating phrases...................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
I'm sick of the phrase "at the end of the day..." . IT is SO overused.

Any other phrases that irritate?

I have a list: (no particular order, completely random listing)

1. WHATEVER!
2. Using the work "LIKE" more than once in a sentence.
3. The thing of it is is this.....
4. Oh my Fu*king God
5. dude!

BrownEyedBoy said:
"I could care less" irritates me because it doesn't make sense.

The actual phrase is "I COULDN'T care less." I know this and English is my second language. :rolleyes:

that's funny, I was just reading about this misunderstood phrase in a copywriting textbook. Yes, "I could care less" actually communicates the opposite of what is meant!

I find the phrase "anywho" to be annoying.

"Dreams pass in time."

"This weapon is your life."

"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."

"Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo."

:mad:

Carek1230 said:

1. WHATEVER!
4. Oh my Fu*king God
5. dude!

Whatever, Dude!, that is like so not like annyoing, oh my fucking god....

:wink:

I hate how people are now using "myself" instead of "me." Example, "They gave the videos to Jim and myself." It's supposed to be "me and Jim," dammit! You only use the word "myself" when you actually do something to yourself!!! NOT when anything at all happens to you!!

:madspit:

Darth Vader said:
"Dreams pass in time."

Your powers are weak, old man.

Piggyback... :mad:

Sometimes when I'm in a meeting and I say something quite intelligent (doesn't happen often) and then somebody will say uh yeah I'd like to piggyback on what she said and.....

NO PIGGYBACKING DAMMIT!! :madspit:

Carek1230 said:

1. WHATEVER!
4. Oh my Fu*king God
5. dude!

You are so on target here - I don't mind this from a 14 year old but there's nothing worse than hearing it from a 30 or even 40 something year old :|

Last edited:
-"At the end of the day.."
-"think outside the box.."
-"I want to earn your business"

Carek1230 said:

1. WHATEVER!
4. Oh my Fu*king God
5. dude!

Wow. You'd hate me then! :lol:

I've always hated Yada yada yada...

Utoo said:
I hate how people are now using "myself" instead of "me." Example, "They gave the videos to Jim and myself." It's supposed to be "me and Jim," dammit! You only use the word "myself" when you actually do something to yourself!!! NOT when anything at all happens to you!!

:bow:

I hate the phrase "happy as a clam." How do we know that clams are truly happy?

Darth Vader said:
"Dreams pass in time."

Anakin, you're BREAKING MY HEART! :sad:

angel_of_L.A. said:
I hate the phrase "happy as a clam." How do we know that clams are truly happy?

That's an incomplete quote. It's actually, "happy as a clam at high tide." :wink:

I hate how people have shortened "to make a long story short" by just "long story short..." Didn't like the initial expression to begin with.

Utoo said:

:up:

I also hate when people use "I" instead of me, because they think it is the correct grammar. As in "Here's a picture of my friend and I." It's not 'I' the correct word is 'me' :mad:

Also:
"You don’t have to be mad to work here…but it helps."

and

"Lets DO lunch." :|

Tilli said:

I also hate when people use "I" instead of me, because they think it is the correct grammar. As in "Here's a picture of my friend and I." It's not 'I' the correct word is 'me' :mad:

Oh yeah! That annoys me too. I mean, admittedly I didn't know the correct use of "My friend and I" and "my friend and me" for years, but then I read someone else complaining about this and how you should say it so from there on in I used it correctly. I wonder if the people trying to look smart by saying "and I" recognise the irony :hmm: If you wanna look clever at least look it up first to make sure you're getting it right in the first place. :der:

The phrase I really hate is "Suck it up". I've not heard it in real life but on the net it seems to be rife!

And if anyone brings up old posts of mine committing these crimes then...I was bring ironic sweetie :shifty: (God Bless that word!)

ADecentMelody said:

That's an incomplete quote. It's actually, "happy as a clam at high tide." :wink:

I hate how people have shortened "to make a long story short" by just "long story short..." Didn't like the initial expression to begin with.

Grrr...see now I hate that phrase even more! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom