Irritating phrases...................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goutrage. Fucking stop it! Youse all know who you are, too! It's rampant on this site.
:angry:

It's on par with the fake Mastercard ads which lost their appeal before even Mastercard realised the horse was dead, and kept up the onslaught.

:grumpy:

another one

From the business world....." Expect the unexpected". The funny thing is, I used it with my boss when we were about to proceed with a big project and he treated me like a genius for saying it.

Corporate/Business catch phrases chap my Arse

At the end of the day.

Cross platform

The bottom line

Fast tracking

Aligned Performance expectations

Process Improvement tools

Engaged employees

Rolling out

Illumination70 said:
I can't stand it when people say "it's God's Decision or Will" when something horrible happens to them.

:up:

I don't like that. Also touch wood and when someone adds you know to the end of every single sentence.

Some people here they have a really special way of talking that can drive me a bit bonkers. They always mention "going to the front of the road" which is the closest main road with a few shops on it but to me it makes no sense whatsoever. They also say yousins/youse or themins/ thoseins.

Last edited:
I hate it when I ask how someone is doing at work and they reply....*big sigh* "Oh, I'm here:| "......:madspit:

i used to cringe when an old boss would start a conversation with "can you do me a favor" .. it always resulted in me doing something for her that she was too lazy to do.

tuwie said:
i dislike "can i ask you a question?"
hahah just ask it already!

yeah, and what are you gonna do if the person says no? Just stop the conversation?

it kinda bothers me when people say "over-exaggerated." because if you're exaggerating, aren't you already making an overstatement? can you make an OVER-overstatement?

Ok this has always been a small pet peeve of mine but it's kinda stupid....but I hate it when people say let's go rollerblading .... ROLLERBLADE is a brand of INLINE SKATE....the sport is inline skating...end of story /:rant:

bono_212 said:
Ok this has always been a small pet peeve of mine but it's kinda stupid....but I hate it when people say let's go rollerblading .... ROLLERBLADE is a brand of INLINE SKATE....the sport is inline skating...end of story /:rant:

Ever ask for a Band-aid?

bono_212 said:

If you lived in Ireland you'd be Hoovering, not vacuuming...

I went rollerblading the other day....I fell and needed a band-aid on my knee....it hurt so bad I cried and blew my nose in a Kleenex.

:D

So turned around and said, and she turned around and said ...

I keep imagining two people talking to each other, and turning around with each sentence like twirling dervishes until they eventually fall over.

Eliv8 said:
So turned around and said, and she turned around and said ...

I keep imagining two people talking to each other, and turning around with each sentence like twirling dervishes until they eventually fall over.

:lmao: brilliant

Back
Top Bottom