Iron Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Am I missing something???
The film's been out for a couple of weeks and no thread on it????
I thought it was a fairly good movie and that Robert Downey was fantastic as the "hero". I could also see many many more sequels being made. Have you seen it? What did you think??

Most people have been discussing it in the random talk and review threads.

Yes. It was very good. Not one of my favorite superhero flicks, but good just the same, mostly because of RDJ and good humor.

Robert Downey Jr. was the man, but you've gotta credit Jon Favreau for some awesome direction.

It's not so much that he's the best around or created some masterpiece, but his and the writer's enthusiasm for the character and the environment was definitely apparent throughout.

I loved the "Robert Altman directing Superman" quote - the dialogue/delivery did seem particularly sharp.

Favreau's direction seemed pretty pedestrian personally, even sloppy at times. What did stand out was his dedication to the source material and his audience, his passion was really obvious, and sometimes that can be more important that technical skill.

That's more of what I meant, should've made a better distinction in the first post.

Yeah definitely stay til after the credits, my daughter screamed... haha, tho you might not get the reason unless you're a comic geek :wink:

bonocomet said:
Yeah definitely stay til after the credits, my daughter screamed... haha, tho you might not get the reason unless you're a comic geek :wink:

I left early the first time

so I sat through the last 1/2 hour and ALL the credits this week end

I will say this, the credits were quite long, the music boring and in my theater they had the house lights completely on by the very end.

so when SJ came on the screen
it was washed out

I enjoyed it much better on you tube.

I enjoyed it. I have a short attention span in these kinds of movies and am usually ready for them to be over at least 30 minutes before they end and the same happened here so there was no way I was sitting through the credits to see something I had a feeling was not all that exciting regardless of what everyone says. Anyway, I've always been a big Robert Downey, Jr., fan and he was great.

I always stay til the end of credits at all movies anyways... I guess I'm in no hurry to rush out with the rest of the crowd, and I'd rather just relax, enjoy the music, and be one of the last out.

bonocomet said:
I always stay til the end of credits at all movies anyways... I guess I'm in no hurry to rush out with the rest of the crowd, and I'd rather just relax, enjoy the music, and be one of the last out.

Of the 4 people at the 4:30 yesterday, I was still the last one out. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom