iron maiden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Run To The Hills yertle.

Run For Your Life.

:sexywink:

Seriously.

*shakes fist.

Iron Maiden does rock.

I'm a fan of many of their songs.

I'm waiting for arw9797 to show up and teach us all a thing or two about Maiden. :up:

This wonderful dialogue from one of the finest motion pictures ever made by humans really needed to be written in this thread:

'Put them in the iron maiden!!!'-Medieval guy
'EXCELLENT!!!'-Bill & Ted

:hyper: Iron Maiden RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Dickinson's voice :drool:

If you're interested in English Lit then Iron Maiden is your band. Most of their lyrics touch on some sort of medieval/renaissance/romanticism theme. Rime of the Ancient Mariner has to be one of the coolest songs, for that matter, Powerslave, the album it's of off, has to be one of their best.

:bow: Powerslave :bow:

:hmm: songs.....
Hallowed Be Thy Name and the Flight of Icarus are worth checking out.

:mad: I'm going to be late for work but I'll be back to this thread later.........:yes:

I an Iron Maiden CD. I'm not exactly sure which it is, and I've never once listened to it. Should I?
I thought they were some freaky 80's big hair band like Def Leppard or something....Even Motley Crue-ish....:shifty:
Actually, back in the day, I'd go hang out with my neighbour who was a couple of years older and wore blue eye shadow and stapled leopard print fabric to the inside of her Cortina. She had Iron Maiden tapes everywhere. Tapes! CD's weren't even a twinkle in Sony's eye at that stage. I need to get over my association of Iron Maiden with leopard print, Cortinas, furry dice and The Age of the Cassette Tape.

Angela Harlem said:
I need to get over my association of Iron Maiden with leopard print, .

*resists urge to post a Nicky Wire (Manics) in leopard print picture*

I downloaded Hallowed Be Thy Name sometime ago. Cool stuff.

Must check out Rime, then.

Is the Live After Death thing any good?

yertle-the-turtle said:

Is the Live After Death thing any good?

I'm obsessed with live U2 so it's not like I'm not a fan of live recordings, but I've never been impressed with any of the live Maiden I've heard, I'm not sure why. I don't have a lot of their live songs. (I've never seen them live....:shifty: I don't think) So I can't say for sure if it's any good, I don't have it. It is one of their earlier CD's so it might not be too bad.

Their mid 80's stuff is the best. Anything through Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is awesome. Fear of the Dark is their last album with Bruce Dickinson for a while and it has some hits on it too, like Fear of the Dark and Be Quick or Be Dead, but I was never too into that album. I completely lost interest in them once he left.

Bruce Dickinson released a few solo albums in the '90's. I think maybe 3 of them. I don't have the first one. The 2nd, Accident of Birth, is pretty cool but kind of corny at times. Chemical Wedding, the 3rd solo CD, is much better. If you're a fan of William Blake then you'll love the artwork on the CD insert because it's all Blake's stuff.

My favorite CD is Best of the Beast, aside from Powerslave. It's a greatest hits package (minus Rime of the Ancient Mariner, which is a crime in my book) but it just gives the best look at their work if you're not sure about them. But Powerslave is my all time absolute favorite Iron Maiden CD. :D

scare the neighbours, scare your friends, scare the old ladies on the train

it's all good :up: all in the name of good music

Thanks for this thread. I just popped in Powerslave for the first time in months. :sigh: I'm going to the used record store today, maybe I can find a Maiden CD that I don't have :yes:

I :heart: Iron Maiden

Back
Top Bottom