Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Having obviously not seen any footage of whoever this guy is that's playing Smart, I'd have to agree that I really can't see anybody else as the character.

And honestly, I'd view 99 and the Chief as pretty irreplaceable too.

Carell seems to be a somewhat respected comedian, but eh - I don't know, he doesn't do anything for me.

I agree with the second paragraph, too. I remember how cool and surprising it was to see Edward Platt in Rebel Without a Cause.

Going by U2's previous covers, I doubt it!

As much as U2 gets ragged on for their covers, I think Dancing Barefoot, All Along The Watchtower (Lovetown; fuck RAH), People Get Ready, and Love Will Tear Us Apart were all really good. Knockin' On Heaven's Door was really good sometimes too, though it was pretty shit other times.

Honestly, as heretical as it may be to say this, I'll take U2's Watchtower over anybody else's.

It fucking owned on Lovetown, especially with snippets like In God's Country and Like A Hurricane. I've heard no other version of the song that I'd consider to be in the same league.

That said, I'm not a fan of either Dylan or Hendrix.

Actually, AATW did work quite often on Lovetown. Generally though, their covers are pub band standard.

That's an insult to pub bands. At least pub bands don't butcher songs by covering them with Green Day!

Hey, here's a mahayyyd fact, I was reading a book about the Pixies recently and the chapter where they talk about being on tour with U2 in 1992 was titled The Sad Punk. Not just any song from Trompe le Monde, but the one I lazily made my moniker here!

(Also, U2 did not break up the Pixies. I'm not sure if they even met!)

Hey, here's a mahayyyd fact, I was reading a book about the Pixies recently and the chapter where they talk about being on tour with U2 in 1992 was titled The Sad Punk. Not just any song from Trompe le Monde, but the one I lazily made my moniker here!

(Also, U2 did not break up the Pixies. I'm not sure if they even met!)

:laugh:

All I know about the Pixies' little jaunt with U2 is from the Atlanta 1992-03-05 bootleg where Bono makes some comment about "now there's a band that's louder than America".

I promise you that if you do this, you will suffer a fate worse than death.

(I'll follow you around all day, every day telling you about the history of New Zealand's railways.)

I think I would enjoy that more than you would enjoy endless One. Or Ca Plane Pour Moi, for that matter. :evil:

Yeah, Bono loved/loves the Pixies. Although I'm not sure to the extent, as judging from a fairly recent (2004ish?) quote I read, he doesn't seem to know or remember any of their song titles. Not surprising.

Yeah, Bono loved/loves the Pixies. Although I'm not sure to the extent, as judging from a fairly recent (2004ish?) quote I read, he doesn't seem to know or remember any of their song titles. Not surprising.

We all know how Bono thinks the Beatles are the only band ever and he'd probably be hard-pressed to name all four band members in one go, so let's not criticise him too much for being unable to name any Pixies songs. :wink:

We all know how Bono thinks the Beatles are the only band ever and he'd probably be hard-pressed to name all four band members in one go, so let's not criticise him too much for being unable to name any Pixies songs. :wink:

Axver... NOT criticising Bono? Dare I say it... maybe even DEFENDING him!?!?

:shocked: :faint:

:wink:

Okay, the timetables might be tough. But if I thought you'd really actually memorised them, I would spend a long time laughing at you. :D

Just adding pictures to my markets booklet right now, and what a fucking crime it was that the Corporation Market was torn down.

Also, Ali, it might've made your workdays more interesting, since it would've been visible from where you work. :wink:

GN-GN-0314.jpg

From my work? Was that along Flinders st, then?

Niiice. :up: And I might have been able to see it, if I wedged myself in the corner where all the managers sit and peered over the balcony...

Axver... NOT criticising Bono? Dare I say it... maybe even DEFENDING him!?!?

:shocked: :faint:

:wink:

:laugh:

Hey, I did actually just defend U2 re: their covers!

Okay, the timetables might be tough. But if I thought you'd really actually memorised them, I would spend a long time laughing at you. :D

Clockface timetables aren't that hard to memorise. But no, I don't have any timetables seriously memorised. My uncle does, though ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom