Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scream: My stupid body had to go and wake up after only three and a half hours of sleep. It's too early to be awake! I want more sleep. I have time for more sleep. My body won't go back to sleep :sad:

My word, we've gotta try out that "Meat Platter" that they have:

Meat Platter (min 2 people) per person $16.00
Platter of marinated lamb skewers, lamb cutlets, lamb giro,chicken giro, hot sausages and homemade Greek rissoles

If those sausages are loukanika, then I'm sure as hell not going vegetarian on my trip.

Great. :up:

Oh, and you'll be easy to recognise, I guess? :wink:

To put it mildly, I'm pretty bloody obvious! There are multiple people on this forum who have seen me at concerts from a distance, but who I have never seen in my life! :lol:

To put it mildly, I'm pretty bloody obvious! There are multiple people on this forum who have seen me at concerts from a distance, but who I have never seen in my life! :lol:
:lol: Yeah, I sorta figured that.

Uh, what does everyone else look like? I've seen pictures of U-Wen, I think one of Jen's face... I don't want to walk past one of you guys earlier without saying hello. :)

Hey, don't worry - I don't want to get smashed, just take things easy too. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at that, but I'd try, 'cause I don't want there to be a scene where one of us slips on vomit and falls down the stairs.

You know of these scenes from experience? :wink:

Multiquote... :drool:

My word, we've gotta try out that "Meat Platter" that they have:

Meat Platter (min 2 people) per person $16.00
Platter of marinated lamb skewers, lamb cutlets, lamb giro,chicken giro, hot sausages and homemade Greek rissoles
:drool: I'm up for that!

Hey, don't worry - I don't want to get smashed, just take things easy too. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at that, but I'd try, 'cause I don't want there to be a scene where one of us slips on vomit and falls down the stairs.
Yeah, that would be bad. :yikes:
I'll see how I feel :wink: When's this all happening? Next week? Wow, time flies...!

Uh, what does everyone else look like? I've seen pictures of U-Wen, I think one of Jen's face... I don't want to walk past one of you guys earlier without saying hello. :)

You've seen pictures of my back, yes.

Oh wait, and one or two of my face. :uhoh:

I've only met Ax and Ali, myself, no idea what everyone else looks like either. Apart from Khan and Vari :lol:

More reasons to hate my job. :mad:

I would probably pike out of the piss-up, at least in terms of getting pissed myself. I could sit around and watch everyone else get smashed... :lol: I'd have a drink or two, but I'm too attached to being able to drive, methinks.

Don't suppose you'd want to pop down to Flinders Lane for lunch one day? ;)

If we're going to do the National Gallery, maybe we should do it on Saturday 28/06 so you can come? Would that work with you, Bonnie? Or is a weekday simply going to be easier?

And honestly, I don't see myself getting that drunk either. Partly because I'm a cheap bastard and partly because I seem to hold my booze quite well. People who've actually been drunk more than once in your life: is your (in)ability to walk in a straight line really indicative of how drunk you are, or is that just a myth?

Popping down your end of the CBD one day for lunch would be good. :up:

You need to post a picture too! Probably won't help me spot you any sooner ( :lol: ), but might be of use to the others!

Also, Ali's tall and could pass for a female October-era Adam if she'd dye her hair.

I've only met Ax and Ali, myself, no idea what everyone else looks like either. Apart from Khan and Vari :lol:

By virtue of being seemingly the only person on this thread to shun Fuckoffbook, I've no idea what Vazza looks like.

Our talk of food drove me to TimTams. And I haven't really exercised hard for weeks! :scream: I'll have to work it off somehow...

Our talk of food drove me to TimTams. And I haven't really exercised hard for weeks! :scream: I'll have to work it off somehow...

Dear Coles,

Fuck you. Your special of two packs of Tim Tams for $4 has prompted me to buy four packs of Tim Tams this week after having not bought Tim Tams for about two years. And they're so nice. Now I need to exercise and shit. I repeat, fuck you.

Sincerely,
Ax

PS More good specials please.

Dear Coles,

Fuck you. Your special of two packs of Tim Tams for $4 has prompted me to buy four packs of Tim Tams this week after having not bought Tim Tams for about two years. And they're so nice. Now I need to exercise and shit. I repeat, fuck you.

Sincerely,
Ax

PS More good specials please.

That's EXACTLY what I did today.

I also bought M&Ms... $5 for two large packets? Thank you!

Also, Bonnie, I'm especially easy to spot at the moment as my hair's getting long again, not quite to the 'fro point but long nonetheless. I need a hair cut but I just can't be bothered and certainly won't be having one before next week. Perhaps during next week though.

If we're going to do the National Gallery, maybe we should do it on Saturday 28/06 so you can come? Would that work with you, Bonnie? Or is a weekday simply going to be easier?

And honestly, I don't see myself getting that drunk either. Partly because I'm a cheap bastard and partly because I seem to hold my booze quite well. People who've actually been drunk more than once in your life: is your (in)ability to walk in a straight line really indicative of how drunk you are, or is that just a myth?

Popping down your end of the CBD one day for lunch would be good. :up:
I'll be happy enough to meet up on the saturday, regardless of the planned activity... don't arrange your plans around my inconvenient job. :wink:

As for the straight line thing... I would guess that it has something to do with that, but being tired will probably have the same effect. And I have a lousy sense of balance, so if not walking straight means you're drunk, then I'm always drunk. :lol:

That's EXACTLY what I did today.

I also bought M&Ms... $5 for two large packets? Thank you!

I couldn't help myself and got two packs of Mint Slices as well. I love it when you can get two packs of Mint Slices for less than you can get one of the double packs! :laugh:

And it irritates me that orange juice is getting so expensive now that it's actually more cost-effective to buy a pack of 24 cans of Pepsi when it's on special like this week. I prefer orange juice, damnit!

Also, Bonnie, I'm especially easy to spot at the moment as my hair's getting long again, not quite to the 'fro point but long nonetheless. I need a hair cut but I just can't be bothered and certainly won't be having one before next week. Perhaps during next week though.

Go Springvale and have a haircut. While you're at it, why not try the Vietnamese food, and see how much the place reminds you of Asia! Stabbings are a popular form of entertainment, as is Chinese Chess. There are many sights to see and many things to experience down in Springvale - Vietnam in Melbourne!

I'll be happy enough to meet up on the saturday, regardless of the planned activity... don't arrange your plans around my inconvenient job. :wink:

As for the straight line thing... I would guess that it has something to do with that, but being tired will probably have the same effect. And I have a lousy sense of balance, so if not walking straight means you're drunk, then I'm always drunk. :lol:

Go on, take the day off, you know you want to...

I'm figuring that all our other plans are things we can do in the evening, so you could make them on a weekday, while the Art Gallery can only be done during the day so you can't make it unless it's the Saturday ... or you call in sick. :wink:

See, that one time I did get drunk a couple of weeks back, my balance was pretty much perfect. I'm not known for my balance either! I've never been able to balance on one leg and I can't ride a bike. But walking in a straight line? Easy. Even after four glasses of port, one glass of red, and a good bit of vodka!

You need to post a picture too! Probably won't help me spot you any sooner ( :lol: ), but might be of use to the others!

Also, Ali's tall and could pass for a female October-era Adam if she'd dye her hair.

Nevar!!! :no:

Not unless I was drunk and there was a tour about to happen and someone double-dared me... maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom