Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current things we've spoken about possibly doing:

1. Eat at Greek restaurant somewhere.
2. Eat at that Indian restaurant on Little Collins.
3. Go to National Gallery.
4. Piss-up.
5. Saturday night (28/06), Australia vs France rugby, wine and cheese and crackers and stuff. Witness me actually support Australia in the rugby for possibly the first and only time ever.

Which do we want to do? When? I take it #1 is definite, but which of the others ...?

I'm down with 1-4, can't do 5 though, but that's ok.

Goddamnit, I need company for #5, I'm sick of watching rugby on my lonesome. I miss having my Nan or Sam or Luke around. But they're all rather in Queensland.

Current things we've spoken about possibly doing:

1. Eat at Greek restaurant somewhere.
2. Eat at that Indian restaurant on Little Collins.
3. Go to National Gallery.
4. Piss-up.
5. Saturday night (28/06), Australia vs France rugby, wine and cheese and crackers and stuff. Witness me actually support Australia in the rugby for possibly the first and only time ever.

Which do we want to do? When? I take it #1 is definite, but which of the others ...?

I think we'll go with a Greek restaurant, since that's been the plan all along and well, come on, it's fucking Melbourne. :lol: So the Indian place is out of the question, though I'll probably go there with my brother one night.

Don't think he'll be too interested in the gallery, so you guys can tag along there if you want.

Piss-up, or at least something resembling a piss-up I'm all for. At Axxo's place. :wink:

Saturday night, I think that's my last night so I'm not sure what could happen, it's a possibility and I'm cool with it, though.

I think we'll go with a Greek restaurant, since that's been the plan all along and well, come on, it's fucking Melbourne. :lol: So the Indian place is out of the question, though I'll probably go there with my brother one night.

Righto. I want to go to that Indian place sometime; guess the rest of us will have to work out some other time to go there.

So, that only leaves the question of: what Greek place?

Don't think he'll be too interested in the gallery, so you guys can tag along there if you want.

Cool. I've only seen a little bit of the gallery, so I'd love to see more.

Piss-up, or at least something resembling a piss-up I'm all for. At Axxo's place. :wink:

:laugh: Righto. My poor place won't know what hit it. :uhoh:

It's definitely possible, but I can't get too drunk since I'd be on a plane the next day.

See, you should be travelling on the Overland.

Though the fact all the gunzels on last weekend's excursion were calling it the Overdue surely doesn't speak well about it ...

If money isn't a problem, we can go to the Indian place another day. On Saturday with Jen, even?

Yeah, I'm cool with doing both somewhere Greek and the Indian place. It's not every week you're in town, and I'm feeling a bit more willing to spend cash now that I'm legally blind and get stuff from the government.

Greek :drool:
non-searing-hot Indian :drool:
art gallery :drool:

I have it on very good authority that hangovers on a plane are to be avoided at all costs. :uhoh:

I take it you can't come to anything during the day on a weekday next week, though? :(

And you're not up for joining in on our piss-up? :wink:

Yeah, I'm cool with doing both somewhere Greek and the Indian place. It's not every week you're in town, and I'm feeling a bit more willing to spend cash now that I'm legally blind and get stuff from the government.

Great. :up:

Oh, and you'll be easy to recognise, I guess? :wink:

I take it you can't come to anything during the day on a weekday next week, though? :(

And you're not up for joining in on our piss-up? :wink:

More reasons to hate my job. :mad:

I would probably pike out of the piss-up, at least in terms of getting pissed myself. I could sit around and watch everyone else get smashed... :lol: I'd have a drink or two, but I'm too attached to being able to drive, methinks.

Don't suppose you'd want to pop down to Flinders Lane for lunch one day? ;)

My word, we've gotta try out that "Meat Platter" that they have:

Meat Platter (min 2 people) per person $16.00
Platter of marinated lamb skewers, lamb cutlets, lamb giro,chicken giro, hot sausages and homemade Greek rissoles

More reasons to hate my job. :mad:

I would probably pike out of the piss-up, at least in terms of getting pissed myself. I could sit around and watch everyone else get smashed... :lol: I'd have a drink or two, but I'm too attached to being able to drive, methinks.

Don't suppose you'd want to pop down to Flinders Lane for lunch one day? ;)

Hey, don't worry - I don't want to get smashed, just take things easy too. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at that, but I'd try, 'cause I don't want there to be a scene where one of us slips on vomit and falls down the stairs.

Isn't it supposed to be pretty good, but also pretty expensive?

I dunno, I've always had souvlakis there, which are about $9.00. I guess that's more than the $7.50 souvies I can get from the local fish 'n' chip shop, but they're nicer too. Just looking at the menu, the other things seem a bit pricey... Grill stuff (steaks) around $22? I dunno. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom