Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 AM   #871
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Dear Kamchatka Peninsula,

Why can't you be a thriving business and tourism hub with a major international airport? You'd be perfect for an intermediary stop between Auckland and London. As it is, fuck you.

Ian Airlines

Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #872
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hah, I love Google Maps' quirks. If you tell it to get you from Wellington to Hastings or Napier, it gets you to leave SH 2 after Dannevirke and sends you the back way along SH 50 rather than continuing along SH 2 via Waipukurau and Waipawa. Probably a nicer drive, actually, though there is (or was) a fucking great dairy in Waipawa.

That's like how you can get Google Maps to direct you to swim the Atlantic Ocean to get from New York to London.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #873
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I did some nerding last night.

I found if i was running an airline i would fly Auckland-London Heathrow via Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul or Honolulu.

I the Great Circle Mapper.

I found it has a cool extra function too.
Hah, awesome.

I'm just bleeding the New Zealand treasury dry to provide for the future.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:15 AM   #874
Vocal parasite

Quote:

That's like how you can get Google Maps to direct you to swim the Atlantic Ocean to get from New York to London.
I just tried it and:

"We could not calculate driving directions between New York and London."

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #875
Blue Crack Supplier

My fake airline has a fleet of several Boeing 777-200LR aircraft offering 4 class service between Europe and New Zealand via Asia and North America and New Zealand and Australia and the Pacific Islands.

It would make megabucks.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:19 AM   #876
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Dear Kamchatka Peninsula,

Why can't you be a thriving business and tourism hub with a major international airport? You'd be perfect for an intermediary stop between Auckland and London. As it is, fuck you.

Ian Airlines
Dear Ian Airlines,

Well, the region of Chukotka is just north of there, and it's governed by that rich bastard who owns Chelsea FC, so clearly there's SOMETHING going for that region economically. I'm sure if you scratched the rich bastard's back in the right place, he'd fork out for your airport and pass it off as somehow beneficial for his subjects.

Regards,
Axver & Co. Transport Solutions

PS If you want to localise your plans just a tad, the Auckland - New Plymouth route is all yours, since New Plymouth is stubbornly not moving northwards.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #877
Blue Crack Supplier

Actually

8x 777-200LR
2x 777-200F (for cargo service)
4x A330-200

The A330 to provide capability to fly from Wellington to Asia or North America and further with a technical stop in Auckland to take on the fuel required to make those distances.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 PM
arent we at the end of iron nob yet?

nob end

Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #879
Vocal parasite

Quote:
My fake airline has a fleet of several Boeing 777-200LR aircraft offering 4 class service between Europe and New Zealand via Asia and North America and New Zealand and Australia and the Pacific Islands.

It would make megabucks.

When I was about 11-12 and the token New Zealander who nobody wanted to be friends with, I spent my weekends coming up with this awesome alternate reality of New Zealand's railway network. Lines EVERY-FUCKIN'-WHERE. After about 120 pages in Word, I hadn't managed to get out of the Greater Wellington and Wairarapa area.

At the moment, I'm actually being serious with my plans, since a bunch of guys on Railpage Australia discussing Victorian stuff have inspired me to apply some concepts to New Zealand. Good god, New Zealand's entire transport infrastructure (not just rail) is a complete mess.

Can someone resurrect Julius Vogel, please?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:25 AM   #880
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Dear Ian Airlines,

Well, the region of Chukotka is just north of there, and it's governed by that rich bastard who owns Chelsea FC, so clearly there's SOMETHING going for that region economically. I'm sure if you scratched the rich bastard's back in the right place, he'd fork out for your airport and pass it off as somehow beneficial for his subjects.

Regards,
Axver & Co. Transport Solutions

PS If you want to localise your plans just a tad, the Auckland - New Plymouth route is all yours, since New Plymouth is stubbornly not moving northwards.
I'm not sure the Kamchatka-London leg could survive only on oil criminal traffic.

I don't intend on serving New Plymouth unless they increase the size of the airport. Perhaps continental drift is your friend?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:25 AM   #881
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:24 PM
So...I pretty much hated the movie Sweeny Todd (it's Ashley btw)

Watching the original batman now
Old 06-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #882
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

When I was about 11-12 and the token New Zealander who nobody wanted to be friends with, I spent my weekends coming up with this awesome alternate reality of New Zealand's railway network. Lines EVERY-FUCKIN'-WHERE. After about 120 pages in Word, I hadn't managed to get out of the Greater Wellington and Wairarapa area.

At the moment, I'm actually being serious with my plans, since a bunch of guys on Railpage Australia discussing Victorian stuff have inspired me to apply some concepts to New Zealand. Good god, New Zealand's entire transport infrastructure (not just rail) is a complete mess.

Can someone resurrect Julius Vogel, please?

If i remain bored over the break my airline is going to flourish

Add to the fleet:

12x Airbus A320 series aircraft (6x A319/6xA320)
8x Bombardier Q400 or Embraer E-175 aircraft

The Airbuseses for smaller trans-tasman and Pacific Islands routes and domestic, the Q400s or E-175s for regional routes. The Embraers are if i decide present New Zealand laws do not apply and i can run jet service without paying for additional security checks. Also if i decide to ignore the reality of oil prices.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:29 AM   #883
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So...I pretty much hated the movie Sweeny Todd (it's Ashley btw)

Watching the original batman now
I actually thought Sweeney Todd was alright.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #884
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm not sure the Kamchatka-London leg could survive only on oil criminal traffic.

I don't intend on serving New Plymouth unless they increase the size of the airport. Perhaps continental drift is your friend?
You know, you could just invent a plane able to fly Auckland - London non-stop and avoid this problem of needing a stopover in the first place.

What's wrong with little planes, huh? The poor citizens of New Plymouth weep at being rejected by Ian Airlines.

And continental drift takes too bloody long. And now that I think about it, New Plymouth would be better off if it went south. Like to Hawera. Fuck you, early settlers of Taranaki. Why didn't you make Hawera your major city?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:31 AM   #885
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 PM
sweeny todd looks quite good, except i hate musicals but i would sit through one for a very evil hot lookin mr depp.

hi ashley and you 2 boys talking plane logistics

Tags
superthread