Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Kamchatka Peninsula,

Why can't you be a thriving business and tourism hub with a major international airport? You'd be perfect for an intermediary stop between Auckland and London. As it is, fuck you.

Ian Airlines

Hah, I love Google Maps' quirks. If you tell it to get you from Wellington to Hastings or Napier, it gets you to leave SH 2 after Dannevirke and sends you the back way along SH 50 rather than continuing along SH 2 via Waipukurau and Waipawa. Probably a nicer drive, actually, though there is (or was) a fucking great dairy in Waipawa.

:laugh:

That's like how you can get Google Maps to direct you to swim the Atlantic Ocean to get from New York to London.

I did some nerding last night.

I found if i was running an airline i would fly Auckland-London Heathrow via Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul or Honolulu.

I :heart: the Great Circle Mapper.

I found it has a cool extra function too.

Hah, awesome.

I'm just bleeding the New Zealand treasury dry to provide for the future.

That's like how you can get Google Maps to direct you to swim the Atlantic Ocean to get from New York to London.

I just tried it and:

"We could not calculate driving directions between New York and London."

:madspit:

My fake airline has a fleet of several Boeing 777-200LR aircraft offering 4 class service between Europe and New Zealand via Asia and North America and New Zealand and Australia and the Pacific Islands.

It would make megabucks.

Dear Kamchatka Peninsula,

Why can't you be a thriving business and tourism hub with a major international airport? You'd be perfect for an intermediary stop between Auckland and London. As it is, fuck you.

Ian Airlines

Dear Ian Airlines,

Well, the region of Chukotka is just north of there, and it's governed by that rich bastard who owns Chelsea FC, so clearly there's SOMETHING going for that region economically. I'm sure if you scratched the rich bastard's back in the right place, he'd fork out for your airport and pass it off as somehow beneficial for his subjects.

Regards,
Axver & Co. Transport Solutions

PS If you want to localise your plans just a tad, the Auckland - New Plymouth route is all yours, since New Plymouth is stubbornly not moving northwards.

Actually

8x 777-200LR
2x 777-200F (for cargo service)
4x A330-200

The A330 to provide capability to fly from Wellington to Asia or North America and further with a technical stop in Auckland to take on the fuel required to make those distances.

My fake airline has a fleet of several Boeing 777-200LR aircraft offering 4 class service between Europe and New Zealand via Asia and North America and New Zealand and Australia and the Pacific Islands.

It would make megabucks.

When I was about 11-12 and the token New Zealander who nobody wanted to be friends with, I spent my weekends coming up with this awesome alternate reality of New Zealand's railway network. Lines EVERY-FUCKIN'-WHERE. After about 120 pages in Word, I hadn't managed to get out of the Greater Wellington and Wairarapa area.

At the moment, I'm actually being serious with my plans, since a bunch of guys on Railpage Australia discussing Victorian stuff have inspired me to apply some concepts to New Zealand. Good god, New Zealand's entire transport infrastructure (not just rail) is a complete mess.

Can someone resurrect Julius Vogel, please?

Dear Ian Airlines,

Well, the region of Chukotka is just north of there, and it's governed by that rich bastard who owns Chelsea FC, so clearly there's SOMETHING going for that region economically. I'm sure if you scratched the rich bastard's back in the right place, he'd fork out for your airport and pass it off as somehow beneficial for his subjects.

Regards,
Axver & Co. Transport Solutions

PS If you want to localise your plans just a tad, the Auckland - New Plymouth route is all yours, since New Plymouth is stubbornly not moving northwards.

I'm not sure the Kamchatka-London leg could survive only on oil criminal traffic.

I don't intend on serving New Plymouth unless they increase the size of the airport. Perhaps continental drift is your friend?

So...I pretty much hated the movie Sweeny Todd (it's Ashley btw)

Watching the original batman now

When I was about 11-12 and the token New Zealander who nobody wanted to be friends with, I spent my weekends coming up with this awesome alternate reality of New Zealand's railway network. Lines EVERY-FUCKIN'-WHERE. After about 120 pages in Word, I hadn't managed to get out of the Greater Wellington and Wairarapa area.

At the moment, I'm actually being serious with my plans, since a bunch of guys on Railpage Australia discussing Victorian stuff have inspired me to apply some concepts to New Zealand. Good god, New Zealand's entire transport infrastructure (not just rail) is a complete mess.

Can someone resurrect Julius Vogel, please?

If i remain bored over the break my airline is going to flourish

Add to the fleet:

12x Airbus A320 series aircraft (6x A319/6xA320)
8x Bombardier Q400 or Embraer E-175 aircraft

The Airbuseses for smaller trans-tasman and Pacific Islands routes and domestic, the Q400s or E-175s for regional routes. The Embraers are if i decide present New Zealand laws do not apply and i can run jet service without paying for additional security checks. Also if i decide to ignore the reality of oil prices.

I'm not sure the Kamchatka-London leg could survive only on oil criminal traffic.

I don't intend on serving New Plymouth unless they increase the size of the airport. Perhaps continental drift is your friend?

You know, you could just invent a plane able to fly Auckland - London non-stop and avoid this problem of needing a stopover in the first place.

What's wrong with little planes, huh? The poor citizens of New Plymouth weep at being rejected by Ian Airlines.

And :laugh: continental drift takes too bloody long. And now that I think about it, New Plymouth would be better off if it went south. Like to Hawera. Fuck you, early settlers of Taranaki. Why didn't you make Hawera your major city?

sweeny todd looks quite good, except i hate musicals but i would sit through one for a very evil hot lookin mr depp. :drool:

hi ashley and you 2 boys talking plane logistics :huh:

If i remain bored over the break my airline is going to flourish

Add to the fleet:

12x Airbus A320 series aircraft (6x A319/6xA320)
8x Bombardier Q400 or Embraer E-175 aircraft

The Airbuseses for smaller trans-tasman and Pacific Islands routes and domestic, the Q400s or E-175s for regional routes. The Embraers are if i decide present New Zealand laws do not apply and i can run jet service without paying for additional security checks. Also if i decide to ignore the reality of oil prices.

How come it's only jet services that are subject to security checks? I mean, a little plane could do some serious damage if used by the wrong people too.

And I'm looking at fitting New Zealand out with 160-200km/h trains. You can forget flying Christchurch to Dunedin once I've got train services on that route down to about 2.5 hours.

Sweeney Todd just felt like it went on and on and on and went nowhere, but to bad singers paradise.

Though the ending. Hooo boy what an ending.

So...I pretty much hated the movie Sweeny Todd (it's Ashley btw)

Watching the original batman now

G'day, Ashley. :wave:

Do you hate us for suggesting that your sister should actually get an account here?

G'day, Ashley. :wave:

Do you hate us for suggesting that your sister should actually get an account here?

No actually. I was quite excited that she got one. However there was no mod around to approve it so she coulnd't post under it tonight

oh god the neighbours are having a party.. :crack:

i wanted to sleep tonite :angry:

I'm really grateful I've managed to strike pretty quiet neighbours who don't seem to do too much loud stuff. Back on the Gold Coast, ugh ...

And I take it since you're in Geelong, this party can only end in a street brawl?

No actually. I was quite excited that she got one. However there was no mod around to approve it so she coulnd't post under it tonight

Whatever happened to people hating their siblings and wanting nothing to do with them? :laugh:

How come it's only jet services that are subject to security checks? I mean, a little plane could do some serious damage if used by the wrong people too.

And I'm looking at fitting New Zealand out with 160-200km/h trains. You can forget flying Christchurch to Dunedin once I've got train services on that route down to about 2.5 hours.

I'd probably hub my Dunedin flights to once a day out of either Wellington or Christchurch and once to Auckland to connect to international flights.

I can't see Dunedin ever being profitable.

I'm really grateful I've managed to strike pretty quiet neighbours who don't seem to do too much loud stuff. Back on the Gold Coast, ugh ...

And I take it since you're in Geelong, this party can only end in a street brawl?

street brawls can be related to partys, or totally random.

thats what i love about this town, random acts of violence.

last weekend a blind pensioner was robbed from behind with a knife while he was lettin his guide dog out for a pee.

:angry:

You know, you could just invent a plane able to fly Auckland - London non-stop and avoid this problem of needing a stopover in the first place.

What's wrong with little planes, huh? The poor citizens of New Plymouth weep at being rejected by Ian Airlines.

And :laugh: continental drift takes too bloody long. And now that I think about it, New Plymouth would be better off if it went south. Like to Hawera. Fuck you, early settlers of Taranaki. Why didn't you make Hawera your major city?

I could, but i'd like SOME semblance of reality!

I don't mind the smaller planes. The Q400 and E-175 are about 75 seat planes. I'd probably run 2x daily New Plymouth - Auckland.

back again!! Sorry for the post and run before....I'm typing up a letter to the board of trustees at my kids school :evil:

Gotta deal to a bitch face principal. :madwife:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom