Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

I need somone to convince me to go to bed.

In my world, it's not late until it's 3am.

And that's only because my antivirus software kicks in and makes my computer run so slow that it's just easier to go to bed. :laugh:

OK, Boomerang II just started playing. I think I'll try and get some Zzz's now. Hopefully I'll sleep in tomorrow and not wake up at my usual time before 9am otherwise this staying up late thing is pointless.

Yes I would but I know nothing about U2 or any of that kind of music.
I listen to what ashley describes as... crap.

Yes I would but I know nothing about U2 or any of that kind of music.
I listen to what ashley describes as... crap.

Psh. I know there are other people floating around here who are less than interested in U2. Don't let that stop you from joining in on the fun.

And half of us secretly hate U2 anyway. :wink:

(Well, OK, my dislike for a lot of what they've done since 1990 isn't exactly a secret ...)

Ian, you ever been to Whangarei?

How long does it take to get there by road from Auckland?

:shifty:

3 hours.....

Hey Kim! :wave:

Ah, righto. I figured it'd be a bit longer than it looks, due to the terrain. Since my university work is close to being out of the way and I can afford to somewhat relax, I'm doing a bit of nerding about with transport stuff.

I've no idea.

Google Maps says from Auckland CBD it's 164kms or about 2 hours 18 minutes (not accounting for our motorways)

Huh, I'd never used Google Maps for directions before, so I didn't realise it actually gave an estimated time.

This is going to be very useful.

Dear New Plymouth,

You're totally in the wrong location. A bit further north or a bit further south would have been a damn good idea. But now you're just fucked, and not much can be done about that unless your population just about doubles or something.

Regards,
Axver & Co. Transport Solutions

Hah, I love Google Maps' quirks. If you tell it to get you from Wellington to Hastings or Napier, it gets you to leave SH 2 after Dannevirke and sends you the back way along SH 50 rather than continuing along SH 2 via Waipukurau and Waipawa. Probably a nicer drive, actually, though there is (or was) a fucking great dairy in Waipawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom