Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we talkin' in accents again? It's not nearly as hard for me to type in a Philly accent, but I can still easily do it.

I figure that if we're going to talk in accents, I should just type as normal and leave it to the rest of you to imagine each vowel as either an 'i' or a 'u'.

Mmm, laziness.

Holy fuck I just forgot I have a 500 word Art History essay due tomorrow.

Thank Zeus it's only 500 words.
:yikes: Is it going to be easy to reel off 500 words without too much effort?

If I had awesome Photoshop skills, I would totally create an image of a Z3 with tank tracks instead of tram bogies.

But I don't, so I can't.

Better suck up to GG next time she visits :wink:

I'd better go to bed or something sensible like that...

Seeya folks! :wave:

Better suck up to GG next time she visits :wink:

:laugh:

Wait, I just realised you're probably referring to a different GG to the one I first thought of. So does having a screen name that abbreviates to GG translate to having awesome Photoshop skills? :hmm:

I'd better go to bed or something sensible like that...

But you won't.

I'm kicking off my album listening for the summer.

Starting off with Radiohead's OK Computer. I've never listened to a full album by them, and it's only fair to give their commonly held magnum opus a shot.

I guess the good thing about this essay (which I am not going to do right now because I have a headache and am about to go to bed) is I only have to write about one of eight different works to choose from. Will probably do Hirst's one of the big shark, uh The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living.

I'm kicking off my album listening for the summer.

Starting off with Radiohead's OK Computer. I've never listened to a full album by them, and it's only fair to give their commonly held magnum opus a shot.

This'll be interesting.

Electioneering is a good song.

The only song I've heard off this album is Paranoid Android, the only Radiohead I've liked so far.

Make that two for today: Radiohead's OK Computer and, my first ever REM album, Murmur.

Good times.

The only song I've heard off this album is Paranoid Android, the only Radiohead I've liked so far.

It's been so long that I barely remember what it sounds like. I likely thought little of it, but I at least appreciate the Hitch-Hiker's reference.

Make that two for today: Radiohead's OK Computer and, my first ever REM album, Murmur.

Good times.

Murmur? Certainly not the album I would start with.

I imagine you'll enjoy it more than I do, though. I think Fables Of The Reconstruction and Reckoning are REM's two best.

Murmur? Certainly not the album I would start with.

I imagine you'll enjoy it more than I do, though. I think Fables Of The Reconstruction and Reckoning are REM's two best.

I'm just going in order with REM.

I'm just going in order with REM.

Right. Should be interesting. I still haven't heard all of their discography - I've heard most of their eighties work, but not too much since then. I have Monster, and besides the genius of What's The Frequency, Kenneth?, it's pretty crap.

Do point out the quality songs on Murmur to me. I like Radio Free Europe and Sitting Still, but the rest quickly loses me and I haven't bothered to sift through the songs I don't like to find anything else that I might actually enjoy. I feel like there must be another one or two songs there that I'd like but I'm just too bored listening to the whole album to find them.

Airbag is an interesting track. I expected Yorke to murder me with falsetto. Chris Martin would have used falsetto here. Yorke didn't. A good move.

I saw the jazz fusion band Return To Forever. Oh. My. God. You will never see more talented musicians in your entire life. Bassist Stanley Clarke is my new god. :love:

Go post this on EYKIW and see how many people tell you Adam Clayton is actually 10x more talented.

Go post this on EYKIW and see how many people tell you Adam Clayton is actually 10x more talented.

He's done some interesting things, but as far as bass guitarists go, he's at the very least average, if not below average. Not notable at all.

I wish I had better seats though! :sigh: For a band such as REM... practically my 2nd favorite after U2, I want to be able to experience them from up close. But it seems close to impossible to get those orchestra/GA tickets from ticketmaster even if I try for the tickets the second they are posted online! :mad: Fucking scalpers who hog online sales, have no interest in the band but are there to simply make ridiculous profit on ebay can go to fucking hell!!! :mad::mad::mad: Oh well. Sorry for the rant. :wink:

See, Zoots, this is why you need to become a music prick like me and go to small shows that don't sell out fast and tend to do GA. :wink:

And PFan, agreed. I feel like Adam really had some potential developing on Pop, but I can't figure out where the fuck it's gone over the last decade.

Honestly, I'm willing to bet that since his best bass parts are from records that didn't sell as well, they think he should just play simpler lines.

Ha! I've heard parts of Karma Police before, thanks to the Derrick Comedy skit it featured in.

Honestly, I'm willing to bet that since his best bass parts are from records that didn't sell as well, they think he should just play simpler lines.

Yeah, but then they seem to be aware that Gloria, the song where he gets to show off, is the one song from October that people beyond rabid fans actually remember.

But I wouldn't put anything past U2 today. They probably think "keep it simple, stupid" is a great ideology for staying the biggest band in the world. Don't want to confuse the market with art!

But I wouldn't put anything past U2 today. They probably think "keep it simple, stupid" is a great ideology for staying the biggest band in the world. Don't want to confuse the market with art!

Hahaha! Wow, it's actually sad but what you're saying might be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom