Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usuaully, the post U2 Fanatic me would agree with you, but not at the moment.

See, in your position, I'd personally find ATYCLB to be at its absolute worst. Back in February, when all that shit was happening for me, even uplifting music that I like came across as nauseating and obnoxious. I was listening to PT's Collapse The Light Into Earth and The Cure's Untitled over and over again because it was the only music that really seemed to share the same emotion.

Hi Daniel, sorry to hear about your grandfather - I hope everything's okay with your family.

Thank You!

We're okay at the moment. We've only just got the bare details. We're not sure yet on how serious it is, how long he's got....all we know is its un operatable (I think I'm making up a word?).

See, in your position, I'd personally find ATYCLB to be at its absolute worst. Back in February, when all that shit was happening for me, even uplifting music that I like came across as nauseating and obnoxious. I was listening to PT's Collapse The Light Into Earth and The Cure's Untitled over and over again because it was the only music that really seemed to share the same emotion.

The Prog Rock Is strong with this one! :)

I dunno. Its just, while I'm not crazy in love with u2 like I was back in the day....2001-2005. Despite the endless list of other bands I've discovered, I've never had the same connection i've had with U2.

Untitled by The Cure is magnificent. I think I listened to the title track of Disintegration a lot when I was in this position.

Not the most profound thing I'll ever say, but... fuck cancer, seriously.

I must admit, I read that stickied thread on WTAHNN that compiles all we know about the upcoming album and I felt a bit excited. If the early signs are any indication, I think this might be the band's best album since Pop.

Untitled by The Cure is magnificent. I think I listened to the title track of Disintegration a lot when I was in this position.

Not the most profound thing I'll ever say, but... fuck cancer, seriously.

I also played Plainsong and the entire Faith album a fair bit.

I'll echo those sentiments. Goddamnit, I wish my grandfather had gone for a check-up and been diagnosed sooner. I don't know if it would have been of much help, but ... fuck. You know?

I must admit, I read that stickied thread on WTAHNN that compiles all we know about the upcoming album and I felt a bit excited. If the early signs are any indication, I think this might be the band's best album since Pop.

Then don't watch Cher's cover of ISHFWLF in that thread...in EYKIW....it'll just make that excitement turn to vomit! :doh:

Then don't watch Cher's cover of ISHFWLF in that thread...in EYKIW....it'll just make that excitement turn to vomit! :doh:

Yeah, I haven't looked at that as I suspect a more productive use of my time would be shoving rusty nails in my eyes.

Sorry Jen and Daniel, but to me the Get Smart movie looks atrocious and pointless. The thing about the TV series is that Don Adams was the character. You couldn't have anyone else playing him.

Yeah, I can poop a party as well as Axver.

Sorry Jen and Daniel, but to me the Get Smart movie looks atrocious and pointless. The thing about the TV series is that Don Adams was the character. You couldn't have anyone else playing him.

Yeah, I can poop a party as well as Axver.

:lol:

Having obviously not seen any footage of whoever this guy is that's playing Smart, I'd have to agree that I really can't see anybody else as the character.

And honestly, I'd view 99 and the Chief as pretty irreplaceable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom