Irish Restaurants/Pubs in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2morrow

Acrobat
My 21st b-day is coming up on St. Patrick's Day and I am going into Boston for it. I would love to hear suggestions of good (atmosphere, food, whatever...) restaurants/pubs. Also, does anyone know if any of them have special music or festivities or anything for the 'holiday'? It's kind of aggravating but I think I will have to go late Saturday night/early Sunday morning instead of Sunday during the day because I have to be back at school then. I'll survive. Anyway, any sort of suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
smile.gif

A really cool Irish place in Boston is a bar called The Black Rose, in Fanueil Hall. Nice atmosphere, I'm not sure what they're doing for St. Paddy's, but I'm sure it's something substantial. Good live music on two levels.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters

If you want good irish pubs, try just outside Boston in the Allston/Brighton area... I prefer those much better than the ones in Fanuiel Hall. You've got the Kinvara, the Kells, The Green Briar, to name a few, they're everywhere over there in the Irish Village. Also- if you're really looking for something good for St Pat's, the only place to go is to J.P. Doyle's in Jamaica Plain... Ill be there!
wink.gif

------------------
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Thanks for the suggestions! ZOOTB, The Harp ia one I am familiar with as well. Just in passing. I've heard the food is pretty good. I have also been to the Kinsale on Cambridge Street. I don't know if that is slightly more "american" than the others (since i really haven't been anywhere else) but they have GREAT food. The fries are so good.
She Is Raging, I interned in Boston over January and someone there also told me that Brighton is a great place to find Irish pubs. I may just have to check that out. Thanks agian.

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

The Kinsale is a legit Irish pub, it actually was brought over in pieces from IReland and reconstructed, I'm not kidding, along with Desmond O'Malleys in Framingham. If you're at all familiar with Brookline, Matt Murphys is about as authentic as you'll get anywhere!

------------------
Bork! Bork! Bork!

The Harp is the only one I've been to, and it was a couple of years ago. It's right next to the Fleet.

The food was good, but most importantly, the chairs were REALLY comfortable! It's worth a visit.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom