Irish Mosh Pits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I went to see a band called Flogging Molly this weekend at our local Irish Fest. There was much moshing and crowd surfing going on. This was a surprise to me. Flogging Molly was a pretty intense, rowdy Irish band but I never expected all that going on. Am I just out of it....or what?

Hmmmm. Well, they didn't seem that punk to me. I thought they were pretty good. But like i said...I'm probably just out of it.

i don't really like flogging molly too much.

irish punk - cool, good idea and whatever...but don't just mash the two genres together and expect that you're good...do something with it.

flogging molly are a great band. yeah, they're usually thrown into that 'irish punk' category along with bands like...hey...one of my favourites! dropkick murphys!

eh.....sorry about that bit of sarcasm...

anyway, yeah. there's going to be some moshing and crowd surfing going on. the irish folk element attracts fans of that style, while the punk rock element attracts the kids who are into that music (tehy've played the warped tour, or so i've heard).

another band kind of similar to FM is the tossers, they're from chicago...i don't know if you've heard them. they kick ass. blood or whiskey are great too, there's countless more...

Yes, Flogging Molly kicks kiester.

As weird as it is to say this, I'm REALLY impressed with their song writing skills. Whoever writes the lyrics does a great job, one of the best lyricists in the punk world.

that would be dave king, i think (the guy who writes the lyrics)

i'm listening to blur

yertle-the-turtle said:
ah another disagreement with the mighty lilly

flogging molly?@kick ass

shut up albarn. :angry:

i don't detest them, but they're not up high on my likes. i like dropkick murphys better.

maybe I'll check out drop kick murphys :hmm:

I thought the girl playing whistle and fiddle with FM was very talented. (Sorry I don't know their names.) :reject:

I actually had a lot of fun at the Flogging Molly show I went to. Although I'm sure the 6 whiskey 'n ginger ales had something to do with it.:sexywink:

I dunno...it was pretty wild

Whisky and beer were available, but I only had a couple beers because instead of having Guinness and harp at this "Irish Festival" they had Summit. I was yearning for a Half & Half. :mad:

I think it's good to have some all ages shows for people though. And this one was free. :up:

Back
Top Bottom