Ireland - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 08:23 AM
Ireland

Hey, this is my rant about Ireland, its mainly for the attention of a unnamed prick who slagged off my country awhile back on Interference but anyone can read it!

Ireland is currently boasting the fastest-growing economy in the European Union, which is one of the best-performing in the industrialised world.

Our GNP more than doubled from 1994 to 2000. We’re the 3rd richest EU state (after Denmark and Luxembourg). Ireland is also No. 5 in this year’s world Index of Economic Freedom. In 2001, Ireland's unemployment rate was at an all-time low of 3.7 per cent.

Ireland is also the best place to live in the world, according to a "quality of life" assessment by Economist magazine.

The country's combination of increasing wealth and traditional values gives it the conditions most likely to make its people happy, the survey found. Ireland was followed by Switzerland, Norway and Luxembourg. All but one of the top 10 were European countries.The USA languished in 13th, while Britain was 29th - the lowest of the pre-expansion EU nations

The Economist said: "Ireland wins because it successfully combines the most desirable elements of the new, such as low unemployment and political liberties, with the preservation of certain cosy elements of the old, such as stable family and community life."

thank you, Daithí

Old 01-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 11:23 AM

Ireland IS a great country in so many ways. I've been there twice and enjoyed myself more than anywhere else and I've been to many countries. Not only is Ireland doing well economically (you'd be blind not to notice that just by walking down the streets!) but it's also such a beautiful country with an amazing cultural life and wonderful, warm-hearted people.

You know, if I didn't like my own country so much, I might as well move to Ireland!!

And whoever slags off Ireland:

Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:23 AM
Re: Ireland

Quote:
Originally posted by achtung davy
Hey, this is my rant about Ireland, its mainly for the attention of a unnamed prick who slagged off my country awhile back on Interference but anyone can read it!

Ireland is currently boasting the fastest-growing economy in the European Union, which is one of the best-performing in the industrialised world.

Our GNP more than doubled from 1994 to 2000. We’re the 3rd richest EU state (after Denmark and Luxembourg). Ireland is also No. 5 in this year’s world Index of Economic Freedom. In 2001, Ireland's unemployment rate was at an all-time low of 3.7 per cent.

Ireland is also the best place to live in the world, according to a "quality of life" assessment by Economist magazine.

The country's combination of increasing wealth and traditional values gives it the conditions most likely to make its people happy, the survey found. Ireland was followed by Switzerland, Norway and Luxembourg. All but one of the top 10 were European countries.The USA languished in 13th, while Britain was 29th - the lowest of the pre-expansion EU nations

The Economist said: "Ireland wins because it successfully combines the most desirable elements of the new, such as low unemployment and political liberties, with the preservation of certain cosy elements of the old, such as stable family and community life."

thank you, Daithí
It really pisses me off when people comment on Ireland, and especially the North and they haven't even been here before.

I am really proud of where I come from.

Ireland
Old 01-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Ireland

I wish I still lived there

Old 01-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Everytime I see the Paddywagon tour advertised/ tour bus I think of you Lu
Old 01-20-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!

paddywagon

Old 01-20-2005, 08:42 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm applying to Trinity College, DCU and NCAD for university. I cannot tell you how much I love Dublin - myself and a good friend are both hoping to go there for uni, and we can barely contain the grins on our face everytime we talk about it
Old 01-20-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I was really cold that day on the tour bus

I won't miss the weather here when I go to Spain

Beautifulday: My friend is studying at Trinity. I don't think she prepared herself with the cost of life in Dublin, she really loves studying there though.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:42 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:23 AM
This is on my list of places I want to visit before I die, along with England, Italy, and Hungary.

My aunt and uncle went 13 years ago and said it was gorgeous.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #10
Refugee

I love Ireland! Studied there for 2 months in undergrad, and would love to live there for awhile...

Ireland
Old 01-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Beautifulday: My friend is studying at Trinity. I don't think she prepared herself with the cost of life in Dublin, she really loves studying there though.
Lara Mullen - is he finding it to be really expensive? From what i've seen, it seems pretty cheap (well, cheaper than where I live, at least)
Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Compared to Belfast, she finds it a lot more expensive.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I've been to both Ireland and Northern Ireland. Great places with great people. A buddy of mine and I travelled around the island for about a month after college. He went there for the poetry reasons. I went there for U2 reasons. We both went there because it was Ireland. God has really blessed that place and used it for many great things. May he continue to bless it and its people.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I am anxiously awaiting the day that I can return back to Ireland. I loved every single minute that I was there. It was the only time I actually cried when I left a place to come back home. Such wonderful people and a beautiful country.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:03 AM   #15
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:23 AM
I love Ireland. All of what I saw, which was both the republic of and northern. I cannot wait to go back. I think I could live in Ireland rather easily.