Ireland - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2005, 09:15 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:09 AM
my back garden looks similar on Christmas day too

Our garden looks like nobody cares for it. At the back there is a river but you can't see it in the picture and a lot of birds have nests in the trees so we don't like to touch them, we also have some hedgehogs living at the back too and some frogs. So much wildlife.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 04:09 AM
Hey Atlanta may see a flake of snow on Sunday.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #48
The Fly

Local Time: 09:09 AM
lol the snow was great, this was about half four in the morning while i was waiting for santie claus!

Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

We had a lot of snow here on Christmas, and last week too, we always get heavier snow because we live on Cavehill. I thought I was going to miss my Spanish exam because some cars were getting stuck in the street. Our neighbour abandoned her car on the hill

I have no more snow pics
Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #50
Refugee

Local Time: 12:09 PM
Lara - yes I was at the first Slane show and luckily it only rained in the morning! The rest of the day was just gorgeous, I even got sunburnt that day - something my friends thought was hilarious: "You got sunburnt in IRELAND?" But hey, I've always had good luck when I've been to Ireland, it's been sunny and warm and just lovely.

Great pics, achtung davy...let's make this a picture thread!! Your university looks amazing. I don't think I could get bored of studying in a place like that.

But if you are talking about snow, let me add that I live up here in northern Europe and it's been snowing non-stop for 24 hours now and there's no end to it. Maybe I should take a pic tomorrow and post it here, I mean we have A LOT of this white stuff on the ground.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #51
The Fly

The first Slane show was really intense, the chili peppers were amazing, and Bertie Ahern kept walking past us in the pit which was quite cool, gerry ryan and bryan mcfadden walked past too which wasnt as good

Ava, ive never been to finland, infact the closest ive got is finlanda vodka! could you tell me more about finland?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #52
Refugee

I'd say Finlandia vodka is a pretty good start if you want to know something about Finland! Hmm, what would you like to know about this country? There's a lot of things I could tell you about really... Nokia, Santa Claus, ice hockey, Mika Häkkinen, HIM, The Rasmus, the northern lights, the "nightless nights" we have in the summer, the history... and as this thread is dedicated to Ireland, I recommend you to visit this site: virtual.finland.fi. I think it answers a lot of questions! (but feel free to ask me, too!)

Oh, the first Slane gig. The Chili Peppers were great, but I why oh why didn't I see Bertie Ahern?! Brian McFadden would have been good enough for me, though!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #53
The Fly

you left out Alvar Aalto, hes from finland too! (i study architecture at uni!)
Old 01-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #54
Acrobat

Location: Chicago till July, then moving to Belfast for grad school
Local Time: 03:09 AM
Re: Re: Ireland

YEAH!!! You tell 'em.
People have no damned clue (at least in America) what goes on in the north of Ireland and talk about it like it's a freaking warzone.

Belfast is a beautiful city with amazing, friendly people......and dammit, I wish I were still there.....

Belfast

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

It really pisses me off when people comment on Ireland, and especially the North and they haven't even been here before.

I am really proud of where I come from.

Ireland
Old 01-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Laura, you really know your stuff about Belfast! Plus, you really really like to make it sound like a grand place.

Everytime you talk about how friendly the people are I always think of the strange bloke in AA with the vanilla moisturiser.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Ava79
Lara - yes I was at the first Slane show and luckily it only rained in the morning! The rest of the day was just gorgeous, I even got sunburnt that day - something my friends thought was hilarious: "You got sunburnt in IRELAND?" But hey, I've always had good luck when I've been to Ireland, it's been sunny and warm and just lovely.

Great pics, achtung davy...let's make this a picture thread!! Your university looks amazing. I don't think I could get bored of studying in a place like that.
Daithi hasn't shown you the Students union here, it's an uhm.... interesting building.

I get sunburnt really easily here It's a bit embarrassing because my friends who live next door are from South Africa/ Middle East they just get glorious tans. I have freckles which are more noticeable after being in the sun and my skin just gets really pink but feels very sore. I have to wear total sunblock.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Yep, Ireland's great!

Ohmigod its so bloody wonderful!!! I mean, isn't it just fab!!!!

PS, let's grow up
Old 01-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Ava79
I can't stop being evil, this is satisfying... (please don't hate me)

Anyway, a couple more pics from Ireland, from Killiney to be exact. The Hewsons have beautiful views, don't you think?!?

Hmmm, nice photo, admittedly.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:36 AM   #59
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by achtung davy
you left out Alvar Aalto, hes from finland too! (i study architecture at uni!)

I can't believe it. I mean, I have studied art history and architecture myself and I forgot Alvar Aalto!

Old 01-22-2005, 04:39 AM   #60
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Daithi hasn't shown you the Students union here, it's an uhm.... interesting building.

Aren't they always rather "interesting"!? I mean the students union buildings?? But I'm curious now.... show us the picture!

And I really feel for you because I get easily sunburnt too (it's the pale Scandinavian skin) and I can only dream of a nice tan.